Value of MP5 items

pjm204

I'm assisting in the sale of machine guns for my local Sheriff's department. After selling the guns I have a bunch of mags and some parts to sell. What is the value of factory HK mp5 mags. About half are LEO marked. I also have the factory HK mag clamps and the loaders/unloaders. Lastly I have a few forends, two standard, 1 with a light holder. I have 16 mags, 6 clamps, 3 loaders, 2 unloaders, 3 forends.

Any insight is appreciated (or if you want them, let me know)

Z06

UZI Talk Life Member
Take a look at hkparts.net for an idea of what new HK parts are listed for.

pjm204

Take a look at hkparts.net for an idea of what new HK parts are listed for.

Thanks!

Looks like they're out of stock of everything I have but show $79.95 for the mags, $64.95 for the used clamps, $149.95 for the loader/unloader sets, and $49.95 for the loader itself. Now should I list on here or gunbroker is the question. I'd like to get as much for everything as I can to help them afford more gear.

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
If you want to maximize funds for the department, list in small batches on Gun Broker. You will get more selling one or two magazines at time rather than listing a group of 16 magazines in one lot. HK Parts gets the new German magazines in stock from time to time, but I have paid much less for used mags. HK mags are still expensive even used. If you want to minimize the hassle and waste of time, list on here as a complete lot.

pjm204

If you want to maximize funds for the department, list in small batches on Gun Broker. You will get more selling one or two magazines at time rather than listing a group of 16 magazines in one lot. HK Parts gets the new German magazines in stock from time to time, but I have paid much less for used mags. HK mags are still expensive even used. If you want to minimize the hassle and waste of time, list on here as a complete lot.

Thanks, that's about what I was thinking. I may just list in batches of 2 on gunbroker. 2 mags and a clamp.

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
I have always thought it was funny that the HK Loader is $49 but the loader/unloader set is $149. It seems like the loader would be more valuable than the unloader. Does not make sense to me. That is why I use a Lula loader.

pjm204

I have always thought it was funny that the HK Loader is $49 but the loader/unloader set is $149. It seems like the loader would be more valuable than the unloader. Does not make sense to me. That is why I use a Lula loader.

Doesn't make sense to me either. I certainly don't need/expect to get top dollar prices but I'd like to get fair value for them. I guess we'll see what they fetch on gunbroker.

slimshady

I thought the MP5 itself was the "unloader"??? Damn, I been doing it wrong all this time!

By "LEO Marked" I assume they are factory 'LE Only" marks and not electropenciled "property of Podunk PD" markings, in which case some folks attach a small premium to them. Might want to not mix the marked and unmarked in a lot, and be sure to put the LEO marks in the description.

pjm204

Well if they were transferable, that'll buy a whole lot of AR-15s

When they asked me, I was really hoping something would be transferable. Sadly all were post samples so relatively low value. I did get to shoot their Ruger MP9's which was cool. Considered keeping one for myself but ultimately decided not worth the dough for me. I'm just glad to help them out.

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
Well even a post sample should bring enough to buy a couple post sample ARs.

pjm204

I have listed everything on Gunbroker with exception of one mag loader/unloader combo and 3 handguards which I'll likely end up listing today.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter