UZI Kaboom

MGMAN45

UZI Talk Life Member
Hello all I have a model A full auto UZI brought up to full spec by vector in 2004.1000s of flawless rounds since.Now all of a sudden every time I fire it semi or full the round blows up. Am using IMI FMJ 124 gr. and also swiss DAG same spec.barrel is clear trunion looks fine.This started yesterday previous day it ran fine.What changed overnite?I have no clue I have a shit ton of spare parts.Anyone have any ideas? I am clueless. Thanks James

BWE Firearms

UZI Talk Life Member
James it sounds like you had a case separation and the front of the case is stuck in your chamber. This gives you a short chamber and every round fired with the barrel in this condition will rupture the fired case.

MGMAN45

UZI Talk Life Member
Thanks Richard I thought about that dut the chamber is clear on both barrels. will test fire again later in the day.its only 7.24 here in the am. Thank You James

rcbif

Have any dummy rounds to safely try to see the feeding problem? Stay safe!

MGMAN45

UZI Talk Life Member
No dummy rounds but will fire a couple of mags later in semi and see what happens.thanks

Chrisok1

Suggestion--pull the barrel and insert a live round to make sure it is fully chambering.

hfoster223

I'm curious about this problem, as well, its rare that I hear about an Uzi problem

MGMAN45

UZI Talk Life Member
Thanks Guys, I fired a few mags through it today. failures to eject about 1 per mag. Changed the extractor for a new one and problem went away, then changed the bolt to a newish one to try it out and no extraction problems either.If this happens again I will send this to Richard to evaluate and fix. I will keep you guys updated as I fire this more. Thanks James

MGMAN45

UZI Talk Life Member
OK Guys an update fired a mag of wolf thru it worked great then a mag of IMI 124 gr. fmj and it kaboomed again twice in a row 2nd top cover bowed in two days. The IMI stuff works great in my sterling Don't know what the heck is going on. James

Moab

OK, You have tried 2 barrels, and 2 different bolts, so they can most likely be eliminated from being the cause of this issue. The bent top covers, and the mangled ejector sound more like symptoms, vs. being the cause.

The case explosions indicate that the rounds are not seating fully before the primer strike, but are also “stuck” so the speak, in that they are held in the wrong place firmly when the primer is struck.

Therefore the issue would seem to lie with angle and position of the barrel. So my thinking is that either the receiver has warped, or that the trunnion has moved slightly, and thus is holding the barrel in the incorrect position to the bolt. The barrel being held too low seems the most likely scenario.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
If it's only happening with the IMI ammo, check the primers. They may not be seated deeply enough. That can cause premature detonation.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
MGMan, yes, it's good, but any product can be defective.

Last edited:

MGMAN45

UZI Talk Life Member
Not yet its on its way to Richard. Will post when he looks at it and lets me know.Thanks James

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter