Uzi Detachable Wood Stock Modification To Fixed Stock Idea

travinh

Hello All,

Do you think my Uzi detachable wood stock modification idea will meet ATF requirement?

I plan to drill a 3/16 inch hole in the middle of the stock, right in front of lever and then install a cross bolt to block the lever from moving forward to detach the stock. Once the bolt is installed, I will need a tool to remove the cross bolt before I can detach the stock.

Thanks,
Cal

50659311731_7d952effba_b.jpg

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
If I'm not mistaken you can have a detachable stock if you replace the 16 inch barrel with an 18, the length of the firearm comes into play with NFA rules

jaker10

I cut the head of the lever off. drilled and taped and installed a bolt. now you have to loosen the bolt to remove the stock.

slimshady

The logic behind not being "quick detach" is the gun can be fired sans stock and is under 26" OAL with stock removed and OEM bbl in place. Thus with the stock removed you have an SBR under the "made from a rifle" part of the definition. I dunno how this applies, but everyone with an AR7 style survival rifle owns a rifle with a QD stock and an OAL under 26" without the stock installed and you can buy those anywhere.

I always "short circuit" the issue because I build most all of my semi auto guns instead of buying commercial rifles. I assemble and test fire without a stock in place, making them legally "born" as a handgun, not a rifle. Adding the stock later "temporarily" converts them to a rifle and if I ever remove the stock it simply reverts back to a handgun, as per the T/C Scotus case.

travinh

The logic behind not being "quick detach" is the gun can be fired sans stock and is under 26" OAL with stock removed and OEM bbl in place. Thus with the stock removed you have an SBR under the "made from a rifle" part of the definition. I dunno how this applies, but everyone with an AR7 style survival rifle owns a rifle with a QD stock and an OAL under 26" without the stock installed and you can buy those anywhere.

I always "short circuit" the issue because I build most all of my semi auto guns instead of buying commercial rifles. I assemble and test fire without a stock in place, making them legally "born" as a handgun, not a rifle. Adding the stock later "temporarily" converts them to a rifle and if I ever remove the stock it simply reverts back to a handgun, as per the T/C Scotus case.

Slimshady,

As a mater of fact, my Uzi was born as a pistol. I purposely built it as a pistol, so I could use the brace. After one trip to range, I concluded that the Uzi is too heavy to shoot as a pistol. Therefore, I would like to convert it back to rifle. Base on your opinion, I should be alright to use a QD stock because my Uzi was born as a pistol (16" bar)?

Thanks,
Cal

49077374166_0c550f1185_b.jpg

slimshady

Per the SCOTUS decision, once the stock comes off it's a handgun again, not an SBR.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter