Uzi barrel orders, Full size, Mini & Micro. Gauging interest

barrelxchange

UZI Talk Life Member
Update
Barrels are starting to ship weekly.
I never stamped the barrels BXC, but you can tell mine for others by the throating job on the chambers. They handle hollow points.

When I ran the Mini bolts, I was asked not to stamp them BXC, but the heavy bolts are easy to tell.

Troy

pmf

Update
Barrels are starting to ship weekly.
I never stamped the barrels BXC, but you can tell mine for others by the throating job on the chambers. They handle hollow points.

When I ran the Mini bolts, I was asked not to stamp them BXC, but the heavy bolts are easy to tell.

Troy
I never installed a semi feed ramp on my uzi, and don't intend to. But a barrel that handles hollow points would be nice to have. Any left? Standard full size uzi smg.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Handling hollow points is a secret bonus I wasn't aware of VERY NICE!

Looking forward to my pair of barrels.!

Chef

Just an idea... But I think a full size UZI SMG spec barrel with an integrated 3 lug, basically a duplicate of what Richard used to make, and the same length as his but with chrome lining would be perfection as far as full sized barrels go.
Sure, we can shorten and thread a chrome lined barrel for the 3 lug adapter, but an integrated 3 lug is far more desirable and cutting the end off a chrome lined barrel leaves a ragged edge of the chrome lining that is prone to flaking over time versus a barrel that was chrome lined at it's finished length, because it has it's chrome lining extending past the muzzle and chamber to eliminate the possibility of flaking.

Since I'm making a "wish list", I'd also like to see an FBI length barrel for the .22 conversion kits, with a threaded muzzle.

BWE barrel.jpg

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Just an idea... But I think a full size UZI SMG spec barrel with an integrated 3 lug, basically a duplicate of what Richard used to make, and the same length as his but with chrome lining would be perfection as far as full sized barrels go.
Sure, we can shorten and thread a chrome lined barrel for the 3 lug adapter, but an integrated 3 lug is far more desirable and cutting the end off a chrome lined barrel leaves a ragged edge of the chrome lining that is prone to flaking over time versus a barrel that was chrome lined at it's finished length, because it has it's chrome lining extending past the muzzle and chamber to eliminate the possibility of flaking.

Since I'm making a "wish list", I'd also like to see an FBI length barrel for the .22 conversion kits, with a threaded muzzle.

View attachment 39402
I'll one up you on that....I have been looking to getting cold hammer forged and chrome lined 3 lug UZI barrels made.... no idea if I can get it going though. Maybe someone else will do it so I don't have to

root

UZI Talk Supporter
My two barrels arrived today.

Now to dig out the GG lower and try out the 10mm barrel and thread the 9mm micro barrel.

Thank you for doing this run Troy as always excellent work on your end.

Finish and workmanship are superb!

r

if folks are receiving Micro barrels now maybe I will be seeing a couple soon--Yea!

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
My two barrels arrived today.

Now to dig out the GG lower and try out the 10mm barrel and thread the 9mm micro barrel.

Thank you for doing this run Troy as always excellent work on your end.

Finish and workmanship are superb!
Yep, it I will be threading the Mini barrels I ordered from Troy on my lathe when I get them.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Ya we moved and my machines are in place but need leveled and since they are down might as well do a oil change in the enco 13x40 and degrease all of the machines before final setup & usage.

Be a bit though, like spring time but that's not far off and these were bought as spares since odd cals in FS & and mini/micro barrels are now super hard to source.
Should probably ordered some 45 aarp barrels too, maybe next run.

Anyone that can't do their own threading needs to hook up with amphibian for that service. Along with his 3 lug stuff too if that's yer thing.

Pretty sure state law prohibits BarrelXchange from threading them.

dustindu4

UZI Talk Life Member
I'd be down for a 3 lug smg 9mm barrel and clearanced nut for a full sized

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Jack007

Read the 1st post bt BXC in this thread advertised no threading.
Pretty sure it's the new IL state gun laws and probably not a bad idea not to thread them since other states have laws banning threaded barrels.
To many different laws across the states for any one person to keep track of.

Sold a MG42 parts kit on GB last Nov.
Went to a few different websites that sell kits to see where they were not shipping to due to laws.
7 states can not have parts kits purchased/sent in.
If a retailer won't ship then I won't either.
I was kinda shocked that that many states now have laws on parts imorted over their lines.
So I can see from a legal standpoint of CYA why BXC doesn't do the threading.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter