Trigger pull on M16/9 question

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
OK, I've got a 9mm conversion for my M16 and have never been happy with the way it feels...just too jumpy for my liking. I had Joe Black ramp my bolt, (Thanks Joe, NICE work!), and installed a AAC rate reducing buffer. Both of these really helped with the jumpiness of the gun in full auto even though I didn't notice much difference in the ROF with the buffer. Still not my favorite subgun to shoot even though it's reliable. I love the AR15/M16 platform due in part to it's versatility in quickly changing calibers with a simple upper swap.

Last month we had a match that allowed us to use either a subgun or fullauto assault rifle. I seem to do pretty well whenever we mix things up once or twice a year and are allowed to use the "big guns". I shot extremely well at last month's match using the M16 in .223 and my iron sighted 20" HBAR upper.

Using the same lower, I dropped the 10 1/2" 9mm upper on for use in today's subgun only match. Like I stated, I've never really enjoyed the gun set up in 9mm, but my UZI is currently in route back from repairs from Vector and didn't arrive in time for today's match so I had to use this gun to compete. Maybe I never really noticed before, but the trigger pull is crappy at best. Not so much the creep or over travel as much as the heaviness.

I'm using the same lower so this shouldn't matter when I switch uppers should it? Any suggestions for a decent full auto trigger? I welcome any advise. Maybe I was weak from not eating my bowl of Wheaties this morning... At any rate, I sucked today, REALLY sucked.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Maybe try the JP Custom trigger. It is adjustable for overtravel and creep. It comes w/ a lighter trigger and hammer spring.
I would not recommend using the lighter hammer due to getting light primer hits. The lighter trigger does help. BUT, I stopped using it because I found that since the trigger spring was weaker, it was harder to pull singles.
But just killing the creep may be beneficial to you.

tony k

FFL/C&R
I love the JP match trigger. Set up properly, the total trigger travel from at rest to fully depressed is 3/32", and it is crisp! For 9mm use I like the 3-pound match trigger spring with 4-pound tactical hammer spring.

If you really want the smoothest M16/9, consider getting an LRM M169 integrally suppressed upper. I don't think I've fired my Colt 635 factory upper since I got my LRM -- it is way, way smoother, and completely eliminates the jumpiness inherent in the M16 9mm blowback operation.

HTH. :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter