Threaded UZI Barrel Question

WillSmiff

Hi everyone,

I'm new to UZI's and have a question about what I purchased. I bought an Action Arms Model 45 with a 16" barrel and along with it, a 10.5" or so threaded barrel. The individual I purchased from says the 10.5" is an original but just had the threads done, however, i've been looking around and am wondering if there's any way to verify. From what i've looked up, it looks like it could be an original 16" that was cut down as it does not have the same collar mid-way down the barrel similar to factory short barrels. Anyone have clarification on this? Also, what would the purpose be to threading this, if it were to throw a suppressor on, don't they screw on further back?

Thanks for all of the help in advance.

Pictures below:

https://imgur.com/a/0u4zLHn

K2

hi,
SBR?

Anyway, factory barrels were normally serialized with the fitearm.

I could be wrong.

ymmv,

K2

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
You can put a Flash Hider on it. However, unless you have it registered as an SBR, putting a barrel under 16" is a violation of Federal Law.

Last edited:

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
hi,
SBR?

Anyway, factory barrels were normally serialized with the fitearm.

I could be wrong.

ymmv,

K2

Maybe it was sbred at some point, is there a name and address on the barrel or the frame that's not the importer or manufacturer?

cajun 22

UZI Talk Life Member
That rifle came from the factory with the 16" barrel only. If the 16" barrel is original, it will have the last three numbers of the serial number of the gun near the front of the barrel. No rifle came with a 10.5" barrel. Only full auto barrels have the extra collar you speak of. That short barrel could be an original cut down and threaded.

Like others have said the use of the short barrel in that gun makes it an SBR requiring registration.

Some barrels were threaded like that to use a suppressor with a threaded mount. Most uzi specific suppressors used the barrel nut method of attachment.

WillSmiff

Also isn't in not wise to have this in the same vicinity as a non SBR registered semi UZI? As in illegal due to constructive intent and includes big fines and a stay at Club Fed if they want?

Noted, I have not acquired it yet but will just have the FFL hang on to it until Eforms is back up and running and I can get my paperwork through. Thanks for the replies everyone.

r

sounds like if he is waiting on eforms there must be some type of registration (MG/SBR??) that he did not mention in the original post. IF it is F/A then the extra 10.5 threaded barrel is moot.

WillSmiff

sounds like if he is waiting on eforms there must be some type of registration (MG/SBR??) that he did not mention in the original post. IF it is F/A then the extra 10.5 threaded barrel is moot.

It will not be F/A, semi-auto SBR only.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter