Thoughts on the UZI bayonet

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
I would pay outrageous money to have one of those folding foregrips that locks into the bayonet lug.

I assume you mean one of the motorcycle foot pegs? I had to mill out the rubber on mine so that it would fold on my Mini. Considering how controllable the Full size is, I don't see the point, really? They are out there but I suspect they're not on Uzis....probably buried in junk boxes.

As far as bayonets, obviously it's all about the collector factor for most of us. It took me YEARS to track down my IMI gear logo bayonets. I had more than one "expert" tell me they didn't exist, but I knew I'd seen one back in the 80's. Definitely looks out of place on my Mini. ;-)

SecondAmend

I would pay outrageous money to have one of those folding foregrips that locks into the bayonet lug.
Somebody already did on a GunBroker sale (by an UziTalk member) a couple years ago. There's a thread about it somewhere.

Pavia

“Night of the Bayonet”

The night was filled with dark and cold, When Sergeant Talbert, the story’s told, Pulled on his poncho and headed out, To check the lines dressed like a Kraut.

Upon a trooper, our hero came, Fast asleep, he called his name, Smith! Oh, Smith! Get up! It’s time To take your place out on the line.

[And Private] Smith, so very weary, Cracked an eye all read and bleary, [Then] grabbed his gun [rifle], he did not tarry, Hearing Floyd but seeing Jerry.

DON’T! cried Tab, IT’S ME!, and yet, Smith charged, tout suite, with bayonet. He lunged, he thrust, both high and low, And skewered the boy from Kokomo.

And as they carried him [Floyd] away, Our punctured hero was heard to say, When in this war you venture out, Best never do it dressed as a Kraut!

fortyfive1911a1

I think if we were surrounded by countries that wanted to delete our entire existence, we would also want the ability to put bayonets on our SMG’s.

I think it’s pretty cool that the Uzi has a bayonet lug personally.

BargerArms

Uzi bayonet

Well look at it like this a full auto uzi mag only last for a few seconds if theres a dide standing after that why not a bayonet just lunge forward to finish em off good and proper.

Last edited by a moderator:

CAR

I own one for my Uzi, but I really doubt that it would be of much real use. Maybe for herding prisoners or something.

eodinert

I cut a 16 inch barrel down to bayonet size for my mini. I'll do it for my micro, too, if I can find a barrel.

You never know.

Z06

UZI Talk Life Member
Never had to stab anyone with mine!
9bWqtAp.jpg

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
LOL, most likely the only NP3'd bayonet in existence...

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Bladed bayonets are useful for a lot more than stabbing. They can be used for peeling potatoes!

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter