MuzzleFlash

UZI Talk Life Member
TFA,

Any chance you can post a vid of this in action? :D

attachment.php

I bet it's a quiet as a mouse fart.

drw

UZI Talk Life Member
Thanks for that video, I have been trying to express how controllable and smooth the Sterling is and that video speaks a thousand words!

M60joe

FFL 07/02, UZI Talk Life Member,
ROF seems faster than the one I shot.....

Gun Shot

UZI Talk Supporter, FFL/C&R
I know I've poked some fun at you guys during this "Sterling craze" of sorts, but I've only been joking, and it's only because I'm jealous! Very sweet gun, you guys are in for a treat!

L34A1

MuzzleFlash said:
TFA,

Any chance you can post a vid of this in action? :D

attachment.php

I bet it's a quiet as a mouse fart.

Oh, you can bet your sweet ears. I have, of course, up dated to a modern baffle system rather than using the spiral difuser it was designed with which makes this gun scary. I will try to send a clip of our smg match where I used the Mk5. Its got shotgun and pistol with it but I think it might work. I will send it to you directly MuzzleFlash.

L34A1

http://www.c3junkie.com/

Amphibian has a clip on his website under Florida SMG Competition 2003 Knob Creek smg competition. I am not here to brag, but it is a little taste of the sound quality of the Mk5. The cold weather allows a little more of a bullet flight noise. :cool

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Oh yes, TFA's Sterling is very impressive. I think its like cheating!! ;)
It is like shooting a FA air rifle. It is ridiculous.
I know I said I was done by MG's but a Sterling is very tempting. I personally just don't like the way they look or the ergonomics but the mag design, reliability, ROF and smooth operation are all very attractive.

kyle

UZI Talk Life Member
amphibian said:
I personally just don't like the way they look...

I love the cheese grater barrel shroud. With the stock folded up, I think they are about as cool looking as cool can get.

az paul

UZI Talk Life Member
Thanks, MuzzleFlash!! My anxiety level just bumped up a few notches. It's going to be a long wait!! Can't believe the lack of muzzle climb.

az paul

MuzzleFlash

UZI Talk Life Member
az paul said:
Thanks, MuzzleFlash!! My anxiety level just bumped up a few notches. It's going to be a long wait!! Can't believe the lack of muzzle climb.

az paul
Glad I could help :D

L34A1

amphibian said:
Oh yes, TFA's Sterling is very impressive. I think its like cheating!! ;)
It is like shooting a FA air rifle. It is ridiculous.
I know I said I was done by MG's but a Sterling is very tempting. I personally just don't like the way they look or the ergonomics but the mag design, reliability, ROF and smooth operation are all very attractive.

Your suppressed mini is a thing of beauty. I want everyone to know that I have never seen an operator with a MINI UZI that is as perficiant as Amphibian . You are on my "hit list" no pun. You cleaned my clock by over a second on the stage that I designed :toast . If I could only talk you into the match at the Creek. :bang

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
TFA, thanks for the compliments!!
Even though I slowed my MINI down to 900 RPM it is still not enough. I burned way too much ammo on that stage that had the 84 targets. I was heavy on the trigger on sunday though. I normally get more singles than I did that day. I do need to practice more.
I do have another idea slowing ROF but I will need to highly modify another bolt and find the time to do it.
I should have switched to my full size UZI but I was trying to "stick to my guns".

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
84 targets on one stage?!
A couple of questions about your matches if you don't mind.

Do you go through the course of fire, reset and proceed through a second time or do you shoot the course once.

How many stages do you typically have?

How many shooters do you have at an average match?

How long do you take to run the match start to finish?

How many targets do you typically have.

With 84 targets on just one stage, it sounds like you guys must spend a lot of time resetting the course...

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Yes, this one stage was a little excessive.
Setup isn't bad as only about 10 poppers needed to be reset. There were a lot of "lollipops" (hanging steel targets) that do not drop.
Two papers on that stage. You would go in a zig zag so you would engage some of the same targets like 6 times.
We usually have 4 or 5 stages.
This time it was only 3 but that one stage was a killer.
Only 13 shooters I think this time which is a little low. We start at 9am and got done before 2pm. We usually get done around 3.
You only have 1 chance per stage.
I'm not sure the typical amount of targets. Like 20 something? Enough that you will need to do a mag change and most stages have a mandatory mag changes.
Also weak hand shooting is enforced as well as transitioning to pistol.
TFA, comes up w/ some very good scenarios that are real world, challenging and fun.

L34A1

MuzzleFlash said:
Weak hand would be tough for a guy like me with only one good eye :(

Both eyes open is the name of the game, unless you only HAVE one eye. Our match on the 1st Sunday, because of the forth of July we postponed to our practice day which is the 3rd Sunday. We were a little low Sunday but we average about 20 or so on match days. I went through 240 rds on 3 courses of fire. If you are heavy on the trigger you might double your rd count. I usually set one stage from my LE drill handbook and turn it into a scenario. This way we can all practice operator control. Color and memory stages are fun, but if that is all you do then items like support hand shooting falls by the wayside. We get together after the match and all are reconized for the good day shooting.

sofltodd

Banned
TFA I have a movie from tony k of you from last months match if you are OK with me posting it I'll put it up on miniuzi.com. It's the frying pan round. Quite impressive.

As far as the matches go I have to say I'm in a world of bliss since this past Sunday was my second SMG match and I am having the most fun I have had in a long time (excluding all things nude). I agree that the one stage was very long but nonetheless it was different and fun and totally saved my ass from the disaster on TFA's stage.

I believe I used about 400 rounds through that day and although I thought the left handed stuff would kill me It was not as hard as I had expected.

- Todd

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter