Sterling mag loader?

tax_monster

UZI Talk Supporter
Does anyone make a Sterling mag loader, similar to the C-3 rapid loader I have for the Uzi? I just love that C-3 thing and would hate to have to load 34 rd mags by hand.

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
A push-down style loader like the C-3 Rapid Loader only works on dual feed position mags. I believe the Sterling is a single feed position mag.

Bob T

UZI Talk Life Member
Sten is a single feed mag, Sterling is double feed.

Sterling mag is possibly the easiest SMG mag to load by hand. The rollers and mag spring make for a easy on the thumbs scenario. Don't know of any mag loaders made for it but it should be possible.

M60joe

FFL 07/02, UZI Talk Life Member,
I bet a modified M11 or M10 loader will work....

stymie

FFL/C&R, UZI Talk Life Member,
The Sterling dual feed double-stack...

dual roller mags are a pleasure to load. The Canadian C-1 mags w/o the rollers are just a little more difficult.

The constant tension spring mechanism makes it a snap.

Have you tried loading one by hand yet?

tax_monster

UZI Talk Supporter
Re: The Sterling dual feed double-stack...

stymie said:

Have you tried loading one by hand yet?

No, of course not. That would require planning. :cool

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
With the double roller followers, these are the easiest mags I've ever loaded.... but I'm also lazy and I'd like to use my preloaded strippers as well. I'll try the C3 Uzi loader at some point, but my main concern is refinishing the crappy looking mags I own.

stymie

FFL/C&R, UZI Talk Life Member,
OHIO ORDNANCE...

IS definitely the place to get your mags & they are only $33.33/ea in small quantities.

Absolutely MINT!

I received one that was dented (the rest were gorgeous), OHIO ORD replaced it within the week & credited my CC for shipping.

Great outfit to do business with ...in my book.

tax_monster

UZI Talk Supporter
I got a few mags from DSA that look like Vegas SMG's since they were only $10 each.

I'm going to send them to a guy on ar15.com (brasspile) to have him sandblast and repaint them. He quoted me $10-12/mag depending on condition, which seems fair to me.

I'll compare those against the NIW mags, and decide which to buy to complete my mag collection.

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
Ahhhh, but I have just as many NIW 34 rounders from Ohio Ordnance waiting to be used. Both are a good buy and I wanted some of each.

I'd be interested to know the who, what, how, if and when someone actually refinishes their mags.

Last edited:

M60joe

Received my DSA mags. Look like the pic above. I'm most likely going to sand blast and dark Park and/or Bake on Black Moly.... Cheaper to buy the NIB"s......

M60joe

Uzi mag on the left and a Sterling on the right. Sure looks like a modified UZI mag loader would work to me. The sterling mag is very similar to the UZI mag. Doesn't look like a single feed double stack M11 or M10 mag to me..... (Or are my mags POS and all worn out?..... LOL)

uzisterlingmags.jpg

drw

UZI Talk Life Member
That Sterling mag is your worst one I hope! I have had a couple like that which wouldn't hold the cartridges correctly. That one appears to be just short of losing the follower! A good candidate for the welded together 50-60 rounder.

M60joe

drw said:
That Sterling mag is your worst one I hope! I have had a couple like that which wouldn't hold the cartridges correctly. That one appears to be just short of losing the follower! A good candidate for the welded together 50-60 rounder.

I loaded all ten mags and they seem to hold the ammo in. Oh boy, I need the gun to see if these POS work!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter