Sten stock options.

Starvingboy

I just spent the weekend fitting a Suomi stock to a sten. It's not done, but I think it'll work out nicely. It looks like a MP-18 if you squint

komodoj

UZI Talk Life Member
I got a little Cra Cra once and built a Sten/PPsh overfolding stock once. Worked pretty well!!!

2_B7211_F5-2_B26-4514-907_D-76_C553097132.jpg

Also you can get creative as your mind will allow. Ar15 Stock/Grip Sten adapter whatchmacallit and front quad rail with grip

B9260_CE7-_ABAD-4_B26-_A963-13_AEE373_B4_A8.png

Last edited:

AKDoc

So you can also use a MKV stock on a MKII correct? How comfortable is it to use without the pistol grip?

bender-bending

^horrible. It puts your hand at an awkward angle to pull the trigger. The angle of the stock needs to go downwards more, instead of straight out like the mkV is.

The German sten copy has the perfect angle and look, but it will take some work and creativity to make something similar.
I’ve also read that lee enfield stocks have been used successfully on the sten.
c8b802bc9ea52d216cdd15f34b88d99f.jpg.cf.jpg

Last edited:

Traveler

UZI Talk Life Member
That’s a very late production Volks-MP.3008 “Volksmaschinenpistole” or “Gerät Neumünster”. Only a few were made near the end of the war with the wood stock and cocking slot on the left side. Most had the “T” or “Loop” stock.

The “Gerät Potsdam” is an almost exact copy of the Sten.

365_002.jpg

The French “Gnome et Rhône" R5 Sten.

Last edited:

AKDoc

On this topic how difficult is it to convert a MKII to a MKV. Anybody has this done? I assume besides rewarding new trigger housing and adding index pin in it wouldn't require much modification to tube correct? Or maybe somebody could fabricated a stock adapter to hold a mkV pistol grip and stock to a mk II. Just thinking out loud.

Villafuego

UZI Talk Supporter
On this topic how difficult is it to convert a MKII to a MKV. Anybody has this done? I assume besides rewarding new trigger housing and adding index pin in it wouldn't require much modification to tube correct? Or maybe somebody could fabricated a stock adapter to hold a mkV pistol grip and stock to a mk II. Just thinking out loud.

The location of the safety cutout and sear cutout in the receiver tube are different...the bolt is different as well.....

MK1 stocks show up every now and then....and are quite comfortable on an MK2....

rcbif

AKDoc

Where do you get the AR grip and stock adapter? Is that a custom job?

GeneralPurpose

Komodoj (third poster in this thread) made it, I believe mine is one of 25 he made? I don't think he's currently taking work, but if he changes his mind on that then I highly recommend his adapter. There's a couple other people who have made adapters out there, but I don't know how common they are.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter