Smg Uzi vector/group industries

gomelkiev

Looking for advice:
LGS has almost new vector/groups industry registered receiver with 40 mags , some Israelis new, unwrapped plus new 45 conversion kit in a box. What I should look for? Is there any known problems for this type of smg? Sorry, I am on a road can't do too much search, and owner needs answer soon. He has couple guys coming in few hours to look at the gun. Thanks

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
My experience with mine was that it ran fine with the factory barrel, wouldn't run anything with a new Green Mountain barrel....probably because either the trunnion was welded in slightly tilted or the receiver was slightly warped. Some unknown percentage of GI/Vectors have this issue.

But, this is fixable.

On the other hand, buying one , having problems, then finding someone to work on it and make it run well is not easy anymore.

The mags are probably worth ~$15 each, depending on 25 vs. 32 round capacity, if they have 'IMI' stamped on them.

Best thing to do is figure out a way to get the gun and owner to a local range and test it with 3-4 varieties of ammo before you buy it.

gomelkiev

My experience with mine was that it ran fine with the factory barrel, wouldn't run anything with a new Green Mountain barrel....probably because either the trunnion was welded in slightly tilted or the receiver was slightly warped. Some unknown percentage of GI/Vectors have this issue.

But, this is fixable.

On the other hand, buying one , having problems, then finding someone to work on it and make it run well is not easy anymore.

The mags are probably worth ~$15 each, depending on 25 vs. 32 round capacity, if they have 'IMI' stamped on them.

Best thing to do is figure out a way to get the gun and owner to a local range and test it with 3-4 varieties of ammo before you buy it.
Thanks

ktk120

What do tehy want for it thats what it comes down too. The vector can be made right fairly easily if it has any issues and the Vector generally fetch a premium. They have been selling at 15k-20k recently

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
Assuming $2000 worth of mags and 45 kit, that's somewhere between $6,000-$9,000 more than the latest sold GI / Vector guns sold on Gunbroker. In my opinion NOT a bargain and likely not going anywhere soon.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/990560987

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/992088359 $9500!

Probably you will have sales tax either way.

What I would do is contact a seller who has an active listing on Gunbroker and see if he will negotiate. Even if he doesn't you can pick one up there for significantly less than your local dealer.

Transfer tax is insignificant, and Sam at Practical Solutions can make it like new.

gomelkiev

Those on gunbroker are pretty beaten up. I understand that I am paying more. Here is photos

Attachments

• 20230715_174243.jpg
    20230715_174243.jpg
    927.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20230715_205726_Gallery_copy_540x1158.jpg
    Screenshot_20230715_205726_Gallery_copy_540x1158.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 28

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
There used to be a VERY active member here who insisted everything he bought was 'NIB'...and he paid a premium for a NIB uzi like this that wouldn't run, and it ended up spending a long time and $$$ being worked on to make it run.

One that runs and can be easily reparked for $150 or so is in my opinion worth more than a crap-shoot NIB Vector.

If this gun were an IMI, it might be worth $20K. I think your LGS is being a bit greedy.

Just my opinion, which you asked for.

ktk120

new or used really doesn't affect price that much with a transferable. Way over priced

MGMAN45

UZI Talk Life Member
Way over priced.For a GI that may or might not be reliable?Heck thats too much for a properly converted IMI for the time being as it were.I would look elsewhere.Good luck

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
Thanks everyone for suggestions.
In no way is this a 'deal'. Plenty more fish in the sea.

See what Midwest Tactical has.

In a month you'll end up buying an equal gun for $thousands less. Even Ruben is probably cheaper.

You might also want to find a better LGS; yours is overtly mercenary and probably playing you if they are pressuring you. They are NOT your friend.

JoshNC

None of those GB UZIs were beat up in my opinion. The TPI auction looks like the gun had its top cover, lower, and stock from a well used Israeli kit.

UZI SMGs are parkerized and easily refinished. I love the honest wear my Vector full-size SMG has. I bought it new in 2001 and gave it all of its wear myself. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a well loved UZI.

JoshNC

Is this good deal? https://otbfirearms.com/imi-registered-receiver-uzi-non-slotted-bolt-9mm/
Should I look for non slotted bolt? Or no?
Thanks
Looks like a nice converted IMI. As for good deal, it’s not a deal by any means, probably $2k over market, but Vito/OTB has a sterling reputation and only sells items in his inventory (ie he’s not brokering guns). So you’re paying for his reputation, which imo is worth the slight extra.

As for an unslotted bolt, that means the semiautomatic blocking bar was removed from the receiver, which is what you want in a RR Uzi. The other SA features like the barrel destructor ring and larger diameter trigger group retaining pin are likely still present. Not a big deal. The big deal is whether the block was removed or not.

Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter