semi auto sear

Woofman

Hello, I'm building a semi auto full size Uzi from a parts kit. Receiver is a Uc9. It was bought because the Mc Kay built one was out of stock. Bolt is a Mc Kay. Barrel is from US Barrel Shrouds and is sixteen inches. Wood stock.

Do to other projects I waited too long to get the grip sent to BWE.
It was sent USPS. I know that is not how Richard wanted it sent and I know why he wanted it sent Fedex. Just totally forgot.

Emails were sent with no reply. They were replied to quickly before. Thinking that I'd made Richard mad and that amends must be made something went off in my head. Why don't you check UZI Talk?
Well, you know what was found. One fear changed to another.

So a UC-9 grip was found and is on the way. That covered the need for BWE to put the block in. Another full auto grip was bought for parts.

Finally the point: Need a semi auto sear to even start this build.

Guessing that all the other sites that sell them get them from BWE.

gregert12

I used a milling bit in my drill press to take down the sear to work. It's not difficult with a press. You can also use a grinder.

Woofman

Thank you for the replies. Don't have a drill press. Not sure how you would use a grinder. Looking at shadeone's post right now.

Last edited:

Woofman

The "ears" must do something. Stuck with just a Dremel and hand tools. Not feeling real good about this.

Mac Attack

I was also able to source all the parts form a build except the SA sear. So I modified it and frankly, it was quite easy. I used a dremel tool and took small pieces off, checked and adjusted till it worked. Not sure if this was needed but I worked. My plan was to convert my FA sear until I could get a new production SA one but it works so well that I don’t see the need anymore.

Woofman

Just bought one!!!!! Thank you for the reply Mac Attack. Only two posts? It makes your reply mean even more. Really. I'm not joking.

Woofman

Thank you SHOOT4FUN10. Got one on the way!

Build will be starting soon. A friend of mine keeps asking how it's coming along. Now I can give him the good news. Guessing that he can't wait to shoot it.

UC-9 grip came and is in good shape. Color match to receiver is great. Was kind of worried about having a mismatch and when BWE could get it done. This UC-9 grip saves time for me and does not add anything more to the long list of things for Richard to do. Not that he will be taking any more work any time soon.
May need to get some screws for the grip. The ones on the FA grip look a little stripped. Will look into that.

SHOOT4FUN10

I received my semi sear today, They are perfect quality. I ordered a mckay receiver and bolt and cant wait to put everything together. Good luck on your build as well. My last part needed was that darn semi sear. Glad they got them back in stock.

Woofman

Yes they are very nice. Had a bit of trouble getting the pin in. Got a small plastic dead blow hammer and that did the trick. SHOOT4FUN10 getting the pins to line up with the safety bar can take some time. Just play around until there is little to no drag. Oh and my sear pin is not fully free floating, had to line the notch up with the bar forward and the sear cocked.
Look forward to your finished build pics.

Grip is complete and has been tested. The semi auto sear doesn't hit as hard.

I need a semi auto sear for my semi auto full size Uzi build! Finding it very difficult to find one. I do have a full auto sear now, but I do not know how to convert it to semi auto?? Does anyone know where I can get a semi auto sear complete? Or can anyone direct me to a web sight that teaches you how to convert a full auto sear to a semi auto sear? Thanks 👍👌 guys! penguinchick10@live.com

MACsAlot

UZI Talk Life Member
I need a semi auto sear for my semi auto full size Uzi build! Finding it very difficult to find one. I do have a full auto sear now, but I do not know how to convert it to semi auto?? Does anyone know where I can get a semi auto sear complete? Or can anyone direct me to a web sight that teaches you how to convert a full auto sear to a semi auto sear? Thanks 👍👌 guys! penguinchick10@live.com
If you still need help with this, Practical Solutions can modify your full auto sear into semi auto specs. Contact Tina at: tina@macmachineguns.com

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter