Semi auto extractor in a FA gun

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
I was digging through my extractors and found one for a semi. Is there any drawback to running it in a full auto? What is the angle cut for? Don't have any semis.

TIA.
Bill

slimshady

Closed bolt is controlled feed like a 1911, FA is push feed like an AR15. The angle on the semi one is to ease the rim sliding under it as it feeds, the FA one snaps over the rim as it chambers. Might have extraction issues with less surface area on the semi, or it might work fine. OTOH, extractors are worth some coin now.

litfire145

For what it’s worth, I have used both types in a semi auto with no issues whatsoever. I can understand why it would matter but I don’t know how much it really matters.

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
Closed bolt is controlled feed like a 1911, FA is push feed like an AR15. The angle on the semi one is to ease the rim sliding under it as it feeds, the FA one snaps over the rim as it chambers. Might have extraction issues with less surface area on the semi, or it might work fine. OTOH, extractors are worth some coin now.
Thanks SS!!

Jones

SS is right-- although I've run both in my semis with no problems.
Big thing is to keep all of them clean; fouling or gunk under the hook, or in the extractor bore is what most FTEs come down to.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter