RPB Industries and Military Armament Corp M10 and M11 Suppressors.

Hey guys came with a question. I have 3 suppressors that in trying to find values on. Looked all over Google and was only able to find 3 listings one sold for $1400 one sold for $850 and one sold for $525. So trying to see if anyone has more updated info on value of these suppressors.
Suppressor Pictures

In order I have a:
RPB Industries M11 380
Military Armament Corp. M10 9mm
RPB Industries M10 9mm

All of them have the Cobray mark.
Anything helps. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_2488.jpeg
    IMG_2488.jpeg
    460.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2489.jpeg
    IMG_2489.jpeg
    736.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2491.jpeg
    IMG_2491.jpeg
    343.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2492.jpeg
    IMG_2492.jpeg
    592.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2493.jpeg
    IMG_2493.jpeg
    543.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2494.jpeg
    IMG_2494.jpeg
    411.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2495.jpeg
    IMG_2495.jpeg
    638.6 KB · Views: 18

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Last year I bought a NIB Powder Springs M10/9mm can for $500. It was a private sale and at first I was on the fence about it. After I did some research, I found out that I did really well.

Hope that helps some.

Last year I bought a NIB Powder Springs M10/9mm can for $500. It was a private sale and at first I was on the fence about it. After I did some research, I found out that I did really well.

Hope that helps some.
Thank you. Yeah from what I’ve seen the MAC Powder Springs seems to sell for less than the RPB but I can only seem to find 2 or 3 listings total. So that doesn’t tell me much.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Thank you. Yeah from what I’ve seen the MAC Powder Springs seems to sell for less than the RPB but I can only seem to find 2 or 3 listings total. So that doesn’t tell me much.
The powder springs suppressors are worth a lot more than the RPB/SWD Cans. The original MAC powder springs cans are collectors items, the RPB/SWD cans are a bit more run of the mill. I’ve seen RPB/SWD cans selling for 300-600 lately, occasionally more. MAC cans have sold for upwards of 2500-3000 in recent times at auction, though they would usually go for 500-1000 bucks.. seems that they have gone up quite a bit in value in the last year or 2. The RPB and SWD cans are still selling for 500 or less for the most part. Practical solutions had a whole bunch of mint new old stock RPB\SWD cans recently and was selling them for around 5-600 each.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
No problem.
That’s interesting because last year it was the exact opposite and P/S cans seemed to be commanding a lot more than RPB and SWD cans.

Edit: Mitchwerbellsghost posted at the same time as I did and I agree with him 100%

The powder springs suppressors are worth a lot more than the RPB/SWD Cans. The original MAC powder springs cans are collectors items, the RPB/SWD cans are a bit more run of the mill. I’ve seen RPB/SWD cans selling for 300-600 lately, occasionally more. MAC cans have sold for upwards of 2500-3000 in recent times at auction, though they would usually go for 500-1000 bucks.. seems that they have gone up quite a bit in value in the last year or 2. The RPB and SWD cans are still selling for 500 or less for the most part. Practical solutions had a whole bunch of mint new old stock RPB\SWD cans recently and was selling them for around 5-600 each.
Thank you for all the info. Glad you popped in. The guy from ARFcom who brought me here said to maybe message you.

No problem.
That’s interesting because last year it was the exact opposite and P/S cans seemed to be commanding a lot more than RPB and SWD cans.

Edit: Mitchwerbellsghost posted at the same time as I did and I agree with him 100%
Again thank you. And yeah I think it was a fluke the ads were posted 2 years apart so probably not normal.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Again thank you. And yeah I think it was a fluke the ads were posted 2 years apart so probably not normal.
A few years ago you could occasionally score an original powder springs MAC can for free, for the price of the tax stamp.. nobody cared about the old cans and just wanted to get rid of them. They would sell for 300 dollars whether they were MAC/RPB/SWD whatever, didn’t matter. As of the last couple years the stuff has developed a bit more of a collectors value and the prices sky rocketed on the original MAC cans, and went up a bit on the RPB/SWD as well. All it takes is one example selling for an insane price at auction to change the market completely. There was a 2 stage M10/9 sionics MAC can that sold for over 3k on GB, the same seller then sold another one for over 2k.. after those 2 auctions, the market for the original MAC cans had gone way up. The RPB/SWD cans have not really seen such a huge price increase as collectibles, they still go for reasonable prices, albeit a bit more than they were going for 3 years ago.

A few years ago you could occasionally score an original powder springs MAC can for free, for the price of the tax stamp.. nobody cared about the old cans and just wanted to get rid of them. They would sell for 300 dollars whether they were MAC/RPB/SWD whatever, didn’t matter. As of the last couple years the stuff has developed a bit more of a collectors value and the prices sky rocketed on the original MAC cans, and went up a bit on the RPB/SWD as well. All it takes is one example selling for an insane price at auction to change the market completely. There was a 2 stage M10/9 sionics MAC can that sold for over 3k on GB, the same seller then sold another one for over 2k.. after those 2 auctions, the market for the original MAC cans had gone way up. The RPB/SWD cans have not really seen such a huge price increase as collectibles, they still go for reasonable prices, albeit a bit more than they were going for 3 years ago.
You are a wealth of knowledge thank you. That is very interesting. I got the cans in a trade with a few other and just had them sitting for awhile. Finally pulled them out and wanted to look over them.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Damn. I might have to list mine then. My powder springs M-10 is in 45 cap and I don’t really need an 9mm can but I figured it would be nice for my collection having two original scionics cans with the boxes and their serial numbers on them.
I’ll probably just keep it just in case I ever get a 9mm conversion kit for it but with crazy prices like that who knows.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Ya sky can be the limit for these old cans today.

Mine was 300 nib circa 2010 as mentioned above they can command a hefty price today.

More if you have the OEM nomex covers. Those are bringing 150+ today NOS alone and about impossible to locate.

If you have the covers with them then expect to get that 1500 to 2500 @ auction.
My box had zero labels or markings but it was so crunchy the clear tape was flaking away so a label would have probably dried up and fell off.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Ya sky can be the limit for these old cans today.

Mine was 300 nib circa 2010 as mentioned above they can command a hefty price today.

More if you have the OEM nomex covers. Those are bringing 150+ today NOS alone and about impossible to locate.

If you have the covers with them then expect to get that 1500 to 2500 @ auction.
My box had zero labels or markings but it was so crunchy the clear tape was flaking away so a label would have probably dried up and fell off.
The suppressor covers are indeed valuable these days and hard to find. That applies to both the nomex covers and the rubber neoprene covers. The early MAC nomex covers are extremely rare and only occasionally pop up on suppressors. RPB/SWD made 3 different sizes of the nomex cover, the 2 stage size seems to pop up most frequently on GB and in the classifieds etc.

The .380 M11 and single stage SWD 9mm H.E covers are a lot less common. I scored an old .380 green camo cover on GB recently and had to fight pretty hard for it, auction ended at 177 bucks. It took me a long time to find one of the original black RPB nomex covers for the .380 size cans. I stumbled across a single stage 9mm cover a few years ago that came in one of the swat cases, i haven’t seen another for sale without a suppressor attached to it since.

I recently acquired a large box of old Cobray fake suppressors, new old stock… some were in kinda rough shape from storage. I had a bunch of those old MAC style neoprene rubber 2 stage covers, I put those covers on the fake cans that were a little beat up, and they went for 300-350 dollars each at auction (I started them at 99 cents with a reserve of 80 dollars), I sold quite a few of them like that.

Those retro rubber covers make the fake suppressor look really cool. The fake cans themselves are like a hundred bucks, the cover is the part that everyone wants. Meanwhile those MAC/Cobray rubber suppressor covers are just appropriately sized pieces of HVAC neoprene pipe insulation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

root

UZI Talk Supporter
I got lucky my can came with the cover NOS

I also picked up a NOS nomex cover here a few years back for 150.

I'd imagine they still bring 150 + for the nomex cover with the spring retainer even used.
My can is a PS 45 acp Sionics two stage

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I got lucky my can came with the cover NOS

I also picked up a NOS nomex cover here a few years back for 150.

I'd imagine they still bring 150 + for the nomex cover with the spring retainer even used.
My can is a PS 45 acp Sionics two stage
yes, 150 is about the going rate for the nomex covers in NOS condition. You can get lucky and find them for less of course, but on GB, they’re going for 125-150 or so and the 2-stage size is the only one that ever really pops up.

Tinman45

I’m not one of the old-timers with a wealth to contribute, but one thing worth noting, I know, especially with regard to the Powder Springs cans, is whether the guts inside is original down to the shoelace eyelets, etc, vs having been “modernized” at some point. Most of the guys looking to buy a suppressor are looking for exactly that, something to make the gun quieter. Someone looking specifically for a “Powder Springs Original” suppressor, though, as a collector, might want the guts un-improved, so to speak.

BlackBelt

UZI Talk Life Member
I had no idea the NOS nomex covers had gone up so much in value. I bought a number of them many years ago (I think from RPB) and I'm not sure exactly what I paid for them but I believe they were a little less than $20 apiece.
I bought a few of them thinking they would wear out over time, but I still have the original one that I bought on the can. It has seen a lot of rounds but still looks like new.
I have tried other covers but the NOS nomex covers work better for me than any of the others I've tried.

majinebz

I had a knock off m10/45 can that had original powder springs internals but was made by qualified manufacturing. It was shot out and worthless. Thompson Machine did a recore with a titanium monocore and its as quite as a modern can now. Have the two stage nomex cover with spring retention.

I also have a single stage nomex cover but I cant use it. Both my 9mm and 45acp cans are two stage. Anyone want to trade a 2 stage cover for single stage cover?

104timberwolf

UZI Talk Supporter
I had a knock off m10/45 can that had original powder springs internals but was made by qualified manufacturing. It was shot out and worthless. Thompson Machine did a recore with a titanium monocore and its as quite as a modern can now. Have the two stage nomex cover with spring retention.

I also have a single stage nomex cover but I cant use it. Both my 9mm and 45acp cans are two stage. Anyone want to trade a 2 stage cover for single stage cover?
Thompson Machine did the same with my old two stage suppressor. They kept the original end cap to keep the exterior original. Very pleased with their work.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter