Retro-AR15A2 HBAR

Paul Kersey

You know your getting older when many of your firearms can be considered "retro"!

Last edited:

wrongrecroom

Lol how long before more of the colts are c&r ..The 60s era SP1 are c&r

And yeah nice gun ..Who did the sling ?

One of my fav style of 20inch AR the HBAR with A1 or A2 set up

Paul Kersey

It a "green label" AR12A2 model 6600. Nothing special, Sling as a cotton one (M1, etc. type) I had around, I believe they came with some cheap nylon sling. Topped with a "M16 Marksman Elite" 4X scope. (Scope seems of good quality and was manufactured in Japan by the (as I understand it) the same folks that made the scopes there for Colt.)

Last edited:

wrongrecroom

It a "green label" AR12A2 model 6600. Nothing special, Sling as a cotton one (M1, etc. type) I had around, I believe they came with some cheap nylon sling. Topped with a "M16 Marksman Elite" 4X scope. (Scope seems of good quality and was manufactured in Japan by the (as I understand it) the same folks that made the scopes there fort Colt.)

Very cool thanks for the info yeah the scope looks good and prob a better price then the org jobs

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
When I was in my late teen and early 20 years, I would've given my left nut, taken out the right side, for a Delta Elite set (Rifle&Pistol) with matching numbers. Today, I'd probably give them both.

AGG

Negative on getting old--- that is a classic, and better built than newer production!!! :)

Tony

Paul Kersey

AGG- I have to agree. There is something about the quality of the older rifles that is not there today. During my heyday of buying (1980s), there never was any issues (at least for me) of canted sights (in fact they were generally right on right out of the box), no magazine well issues, just a more overall sense of a solid well built rifle. I never worried about cartridges sticking in the chamber, etc.. Of course, they were more intriguing back then for they were more of an oddity than common place. Gun Shows today it seems most tables are filled with some form of ARs, and quite frankly I get bored. It just goes to show you how years of gun restrictions have affected us (restricting imports).

I sure miss getting those 1980s Shotgun News and slobbering over all the import offerings.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter