Process for De-milling Receiver

KAC-556F

I purchased a parts kit awhile back and received everything but the destroyed receiver, selector switch, and rear sight.

The seller originally said he was going to cut the receivers himself under supervision of a ATF representative. Then he claimed that ATF representatives had picked up the receivers to destroy offsite and were going to return the pieces.

Is there a set procedure for destroying receivers per ATF?

All I care about is the selector switch assembly, the assembly in my rifle is extremely loose but still functional, I just want a spare to swap in so I can repair the original.

anm2_man

UZI Talk Supporter
My understanding is that the selector switch has nothing to do with the receiver. I have purchased a parts kit and received the selector switch and associated parts in a small zip lock bag. I also received the real half of the de-milled receiver. You need to put some pressure on the seller, because that selector switch is pretty important.

KAC-556F

I know the selector switch is not married to the registered receiver, the seller just neglected to remove it when he stripped the rifle. Now his story is that ATF took possesion of the receivers to destroy and would return the parts, I have no idea if that is how the process works. I would think that all ATF cares about is that the receiver is cut into pieces and that what the parts customer gets cannot be reformed into a working receiver.

eyegun

My understanding is it requires three torch cuts each displacing at least 1/4" of material. Not sure if there's specified places to put those cuts. Saw cuts are verboten.

anm2_man

UZI Talk Supporter
I know the selector switch is not married to the registered receiver, the seller just neglected to remove it when he stripped the rifle. Now his story is that ATF took possesion of the receivers to destroy and would return the parts, I have no idea if that is how the process works. I would think that all ATF cares about is that the receiver is cut into pieces and that what the parts customer gets cannot be reformed into a working receiver.

Yep - I Received the part of the receiver that has the Serial #

dbailey

Same with mine - three torch cuts, i asked the guy that demilled mine if I could have the cut receiver, he called ATF and they said yes he could give them to me after he destroyed them per atf rules.

Frogman

All I care about is the selector switch assembly - Sounds like your getting the dry shaft from this guy, I'de try for a refund.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter