Parts kit question

Openspaces

the ac556 receiver cannot be sold to an individual (unless properly transferred per NFA guidelines) but are there any other parts that cannot be sold?

To my knowledge the receiver is the registered part and all other parts (including selector switch/trigger/etc) can be legally sold to individuals.

Gemlin

You can buy everything but the receiver without a form 4

Openspaces

when available full parts kits are typically around $900 with cut up receiver....they take a post sample and cut it up

here's a parts kit..not complete though
https://www.westernfirearms.com/wfc/access?set=59&sz=800x600

This is my issue. I bought a post market sample and seller is now concerned they can't send the selector assembly. Reality is the selector assembly is what I most wanted to have. I'll hopefully get this worked out but it may take some time. Thanks for the replies.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
This is my issue. I bought a post market sample and seller is now concerned they can't send the selector assembly. Reality is the selector assembly is what I most wanted to have. I'll hopefully get this worked out but it may take some time. Thanks for the replies.

is your seller a FFL?

what is he afraid of? show him the parts kid for every gun online....look up old AC556 parts kits on Sturm....look up UZI parts kits...you get everything, the whole gun w/ just the receiver chopped into 3 pieces....everything else is legal....if you dont own a FA there may be some legal issues with you owning machine gun parts? (not sure)

do you own a FA Ac556? maybe this is the issue for him

lhebert@gvtc.com

Hello All I western firearms the only place to get parts kits for the AC 556F? Thanks for all the assistance from everyone. Just got my AC 556!!!!

3154tm

UZI Talk Supporter
i'm also looking for a parts kit. are they all the same, that is, are there any differences between the
different series AC556 trigger groups?

misterglock

UZI Talk Supporter
I don't think there are any differences, but you do want to find a complete kit (i.e., selector arm assembly, link positioner, etc.). There have been a couple of parts kits for sale on GB for awhile now. Also, David Spiwak occasionally has them in stock. I don't think he has any right now, but keep an eye out for them on his website.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I just bought a complet kit on gunbroker with stock and side folding gas block, GB barrel so no k front sight gas block.

There's plenty of kits on the market. Some missing parts, some not. Some in bad condition, some not.

The ac556 kit you usually see will work for all 191 series. I haven't seen a kit for the old 190 series ac556.

Last edited:

3154tm

UZI Talk Supporter
thanks for the info guys. so it's safe to say any 190/191 series trigger group/selective fire parts
should work with the 191 series folder i bought?

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
thanks for the info guys. so it's safe to say any 190/191 series trigger group/selective fire parts
should work with the 191 series folder i bought?

The 190 series ac556 takes different selector parts. The 191 series ac556 uses the same parts as a regular mini 14 ( obviously minus the selectfire parts). I've never seen a series 190 parts kit for sale. If u find a parts kit ask for pictures and look for any missing parts. There's one on gunbroker that is missing the selector. Most kits will have all parts. The stock is usually missing.

IMG-3343.jpg
[/url] [/IMG]

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
The selector, the little teardrop shaped piece that connects the selector to the trigger group, the trigger group, and the rocker arm are the select fire specific parts you need. The rest of the stuff is the same on a mini-14. Make sure the parts kit you buy has all the parts.

3154tm

UZI Talk Supporter
i would have thought there would be more of these parts kits available. how many
prisons, leo's etc could possibly still be using AC556's? got to be way more of those
than transferables.

anm2_man

UZI Talk Supporter
i would have thought there would be more of these parts kits available. how many
prisons, leo's etc could possibly still be using AC556's? got to be way more of those
than transferables.

Well maybe not. Ruger sold many pre and post 1986 AC's to police & prisons over the years. But Ruger really didn't sell that many vs M16's. It seems that until a warden or chief passes away in a small town/prison and his predecessor takes over, and discovers a cabinet full of AC's does he say "Maybe I can trade these in for M16's". Lots of small towns in the USA and maybe some may still have them laying around. Who really knows what is out there ?

3154tm

UZI Talk Supporter
that's kind of what i was trying to get at but not very articulately. that is, the ratio of
transferable guns to non-transferable guns/parts kits. you'd think that after all these years more
of them would turn up.

slimshady

Budgets. Why replace perfectly serviceable guns? For the prison application (looking mean in a guard tower) there is not much the M16 can do better, especially since 99.9% of the time they will never be fired outside a range. Cops get M16s pretty much free so no need for a trade in.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
Well maybe not. Ruger sold many pre and post 1986 AC's to police & prisons over the years. But Ruger really didn't sell that many vs M16's. It seems that until a warden or chief passes away in a small town/prison and his predecessor takes over, and discovers a cabinet full of AC's does he say "Maybe I can trade these in for M16's". Lots of small towns in the USA and maybe some may still have them laying around. Who really knows what is out there ?

my kac556k is from a wardens son....small town 3 years ago.....he didnt retire, he died...

these guns are politically correct looking and i believe ruger made them for less than a m16.

When i bought my parts kit the guy had 6+ samples...no one would buy them for $1200...he cut them all up and sold them for $900 each

my kit is a full size, not a folder...but it is SS, so if needed i could have the barrel chopped. If your getting a parts kit the value is having 100% of the parts....soooo many small parts in the ac556 trigger group

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter