Options for 3/4”x10 thread or 3 lug - AWC mk9

Generalzip

I have a 9mm AWC mk9 on the way with the mount for the 3/4”x10 MAC threads. I’d like to use this on my Uzi as well as my lage upper. Both 1/2x28 threaded. What are my options here? I see TROSUSA makes an adapter but there’s no way to order on their website and they have not picked up or returned phone calls. Maybe on holiday or something. I’ve read stories of very long lead times as well.

Other option is to somehow convert the can to 3 lug. My questions are

1. Has anyone successfully done this? If so is 3 lug strong enough to hold the weight and length of such a large can filled with carbon over time? Any risk of baffle strikes? Did you send it in to AWC to do the work?

2. Does anyone know of another “Mac 11/9 style adapter” that exists to convert the 1/2x28 to a 3/4x10 thread with proper shoulder for the mk9 and engagement of any internals (not sure if there’s o-rings that go around the barrel or not like on the Uzi.

I have a 9mm AWC mk9 on the way with the mount for the 3/4”x10 MAC threads. I’d like to use this on my Uzi as well as my lage upper. Both 1/2x28 threaded. What are my options here? I see TROSUSA makes an adapter but there’s no way to order on their website and they have not picked up or returned phone calls. Maybe on holiday or something. I’ve read stories of very long lead times as well.

Other option is to somehow convert the can to 3 lug. My questions are

1. Has anyone successfully done this? If so is 3 lug strong enough to hold the weight and length of such a large can filled with carbon over time? Any risk of baffle strikes? Did you send it in to AWC to do the work?

2. Does anyone know of another “Mac 11/9 style adapter” that exists to convert the 1/2x28 to a 3/4x10 thread with proper shoulder for the mk9 and engagement of any internals (not sure if there’s o-rings that go around the barrel or not like on the Uzi.

There are plenty of company that make thread adapter or custom thread adapter.
Liberty suppressor is one.
I have used TROS in the past...but not anymore. Turn around time is too long..
Tros was main player...but NOT any more.
I had Mk9 AWC as well with bixler 3 lug.. Clean yourself. Ed REd./ slip 2000/or ultrasonic..use al safe detergent.

i had custom thread adapter fit over the bixler thread..
for1/2x28 and 1/2x32, and

LIberty suppressor. they make great adapter.
Hahn Precision
US MACHINEGUN
Bauer precision
Tactical innovation
ETC>.. ETC

Slowmo

Nice find! I’d love to pickup another MK9.

Joe Jones at Shaw Armament Systems could make a new mount. They do lots of custom suppressor work, repairs, recores, etc. They also produce a shortened and improved version of the MK9K that has HUB threads, so you can adapt it to just about anything. I imagine he could make the same for you.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
How about a 3rd option to get the rear end of the MK9 converted to the industry standard 'Hub' thread (1.375x24).
Then get a an old school 'Bixler' 3 lug mount as discussed here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/HUB-Tri-Lug/20-551280/
Joe previously of Curtis Tactical, now at Shaw Armament is doing a large run now of the Hub thread as as others: https://www.shawarms.com/products/thundercan-41182-11646-5176
Unlike the typical push / turn 3 lug mount, the Bixler mount locks up rock solid with no springs or o-rings to fail.
This is the only 3 lug mount I've seen AWC use even for their super heavy all SS CQB can they used to make.

You could then 3 lug all your stuff or maybe get a custom UZI barrel nut mount that goes to Hub thread like the one I made here: https://www.uzitalk.com/forums/index.php?threads/uzi-barrel-nut-to-hub-thread.99414/

Joe mentioned above or Nick at Ecco machine I'm sure could do this work for you but of course both have considerable lead times. Ecco machine may be too busy to do it as well. You'd have to contact them.

Generalzip

Nice find! I’d love to pickup another MK9.

Joe Jones at Shaw Armament Systems could make a new mount. They do lots of custom suppressor work, repairs, recores, etc. They also produce a shortened and improved version of the MK9K that has HUB threads, so you can adapt it to just about anything. I imagine he could make the same for you.
That size threads are on the mk9? I’d imagine that are pretty large as it’s a big wide can.

Generalzip

I bought that 3 lug mount you guys mentioned for a SiCo hybrid I have. Never knew they made there so thank you!

Slowmo

That size threads are on the mk9? I’d imagine that are pretty large as it’s a big wide can.
I’m not entirely sure I follow your question, but I’ll try to answer what I think you are asking. Apologies if I miss the mark.

I’m not sure how to best describe it, but the rear mount is just flat with a HUB-spec hole in it. The rear mount can then receive HUB mounts, like direct thread, taper mounts, or the excellent Bixler 3-lugs that Amphibian mentioned. Or Joe can make a dedicated Bixler mount where the rear does not use the HUB pattern.

Generalzip

Sorry typo. I was wondering what threads are on the mk9. Is it bravo hub? Is the back mount easy to remove? I read they aren’t meant to be taken apart although I’m sure some have.

Sounds like it’s just a hole so I’d need to send it in to be threaded for bravo threads?

Slowmo

Sorry typo. I was wondering what threads are on the mk9. Is it bravo hub? Is the back mount easy to remove? I read they aren’t meant to be taken apart although I’m sure some have.

Sounds like it’s just a hole so I’d need to send it in to be threaded for bravo threads?
If we’re talking about the same thing (an AWC MK9) that pre-existed HUB as far as I know. To my knowledge, they haven’t been made in a long time, so I do not believe it will be HUB unless it has had custom work performed.

The MK9s were made with a variety of different mounting configurations as far as I know. Many were direct thread (how mine is). I think some use an integral Uzi barrel nut mount. Some I believe had some sort of 3-lug mount for use on MP5s. The one you bought didn’t provide any indication what mounting configuration it comes with or what platform it is setup for?

Earlier MK9s were sold as user serviceable as far as I know. Later ones supposedly were not user serviceable, but apparently can be opened up with the right tools and know-how. I believe they are all constructed in a similar fashion, so I am guessing it is just the addition of thread locker or something like that. I don’t know how much you know about them, but basically there is an inner tune that contains the “encapsulated” baffles (it is almost like a standalone suppressor). That tube is threaded at both ends, and the front cap and rear mount screw into the inner tube. The outer tube is held in compression between the front cap and rear mount.

Assuming you can get your rear mount off, changing mounting configurations on the original MK9s would involve entirely swapping the rear mount portion. On the CT45K (more or less a .45 MK9K) that Joe Jones made for me, the rear mount is a HUB plate, so instead of your mounting solution being a one-piece dedicated setup where you swap the whole rear end, it is a two-piece setup where you keep the HUB rear mount in place and just swap HUB-compatible mounts in and out of the rear plate.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Generalzip

If we’re talking about the same thing (an AWC MK9) that pre-existed HUB as far as I know. To my knowledge, they haven’t been made in a long time, so I do not believe it will be HUB unless it has had custom work performed.

The MK9s were made with a variety of different mounting configurations as far as I know. Many were direct thread (how mine is). I think some use an integral Uzi barrel nut mount. Some I believe had some sort of 3-lug mount for use on MP5s. The one you bought didn’t provide any indication what mounting configuration it comes with or what platform it is setup for?

Earlier MK9s were sold as user serviceable as far as I know. Later ones supposedly were not user serviceable, but apparently can be opened up with the right tools and know-how. I believe they are all constructed in a similar fashion, so I am guessing it is just the addition of thread locker or something like that. I don’t know how much you know about them, but basically there is an inner tune that contains the “encapsulated” baffles (it is almost like a standalone suppressor). That tube is threaded at both ends, and the front cap and rear mount screw into the inner tube. The outer tube is held in compression between the front cap and rear mount.

Assuming you can get your rear mount off, changing mounting configurations on the original MK9s would involve entirely swapping the rear mount portion. On the CT45K (more or less a .45 MK9K) that Joe Jones made for me, the rear mount is a HUB plate, so instead of your mounting solution being a one-piece dedicated setup where you swap the whole rear end, it is a two-piece setup where you keep the HUB rear mount in place and just swap HUB-compatible mounts in and out of the rear plate.

that’s exactly what I’m looking to do. My mk9 has the MAC11/9 end mount. I want it to be 3 lug instead.. sounds like I need to call Joe jones.

Slowmo

that’s exactly what I’m looking to do. My mk9 has the MAC11/9 end mount. I want it to be 3 lug instead.. sounds like I need to call Joe jones.
It occurred to me that GSL Phoenix mounts might work on an MK9, but I’m not sure who would be able to tell you that for certain. A Phoenix is basically a slightly improved MK9K.

i had a company make an adapter that goes over the thread.. Cant remember the name of the company that made the adapter...this was like 14 years ago.. Misplaced the adapter when I moved....or left it at the range... So you dont really have to replace the rear mount...

I cant remember the thread pattern...

Attachments

• thumbnailddddddddddddddsdfsdferweewrewrewrerewrewrewre - Copy.jpg
    thumbnailddddddddddddddsdfsdferweewrewrewrerewrewrewre - Copy.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 7

Generalzip

SAC who I guess owns or services AWC now said they can change my mount to a 3 lug for 280 dollars. My question is, “is this can too heavy for 3 lug?” I’d imagine with that much weight (24 oz) and 12” length a 3 lug mount may not have a spring strong enough to hold itself centered reliably, especially on a SMG and especially a m11/9 where you physically hold the suppressor applying force to it. Sounds like a recipe for disaster no?

Anyone have any experience putting a 3 lug on a mac11 with a mk9 or another big long heavy can?

Slowmo

The Bixler mounts don’t use springs and lock up tight, so you could consider one of those. My GSL Phoenix (Mk9k size) is pretty heavy but works fine with a spring-loaded 3-lug.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I haven't followed AWC in years....but will say that the last time I looked at their stuff, their 3 lug mounts were still the Bixler design. I don't recall them ever adopting the typical push / turn (Latka) mount. So You may be fine as I think those are rock solid even for your heavy can. I would ask them details on what 3 lug mount they are using to confirm.

Generalzip

Confirmed they use bixler design and they have no issues at all they said with it. So I will swap over to a 3 lug for 280 bucks then I can use it on a bunch of my PCCs. Hope it’s a quiet can when compared to more modern options I have like the hybrid, omega 36m, omega 9k etc.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter