Old shotgun news ads!

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I recently came into about a dozen old shotgun news issues from 1978-1989 and there are some great ads in them. I thought I’d share a good one with fellow collectors.

From NOV 1979, special parts LTD. I have seen Ingram manuals and other literature from “special parts LTD” but I do not have any in my collection other than this. If anyone else has any price sheets, brochures or catalogs from this company I would really love to see!

IMG_0770.jpeg

Tobias Arms

did someone draw those tubes on the ad or is that the way it was printed.

Somebody should re-make that patch, or make it a sticker.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
did someone draw those tubes on the ad or is that the way it was printed.

Somebody should re-make that patch, or make it a sticker.
lol it’s printed like that and they are drawn that badly, the same company also had an M11 drawn on their catalogs and manuals that looked just as terrible. Maybe the owner of special parts Ltd was letting his 4 year old kid draw the catalog pictures.

IMG_0793.jpeg

Last edited:

Starvingboy

Dude…. Funny you mention that, I was just thinking I need to find some old Shotgun News ads. Back when the guy drew cartoons for the hanabee keep ads, I bought a print from the artist, framed it up and hung it on my son’s wall. He was asking me about it the other day…

BlackBelt

UZI Talk Life Member
How could they not see that the tube drawing on the left looks like a male anatomical part?
But...I did see where they made barrel extensions for 9mm, 45, and .308
You would think they would have made one for a 380 instead
(I know, I know...Im kidding 🤣)

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Dude…. Funny you mention that, I was just thinking I need to find some old Shotgun News ads. Back when the guy drew cartoons for the hanabee keep ads, I bought a print from the artist, framed it up and hung it on my son’s wall. He was asking me about it the other day…
You wouldn’t believe how hard it is to find vintage SGN issues. I guess because they all fell apart and disintegrated decades ago…

pmf

Killed by the internet. How many people here are old enough to have actually subscribed? It was 95% ads. My wife used to give me crap —where’s the news? Great bathroom publication.

automaticlee

I saved one issue and your right, it's kind of depressing to look through.

slimshady

Just realize that back then a buck was still worth 49 cents. The one in your wallet right now is only worth 5 cents and is dropping in value hourly...

booger hooker

Looking at my old issues of SGN is bad but for me looking at my issues of Hemming's Motor News from the early 1980's is much worse...Boss 429 Mustangs, Shelby's, Superbird, 427 Corvette, Pantera, 426 hemi Mopar, 427 SOHC motor and many others all under $10,000. Tried to talk my parents into co-signing a loan for $20,000 to purchase 3-4 of them but they didn't see the value in it...sigh. :(

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter