Old Colt M4 Upper Info

sweersa

I picked up a "retro" Colt M4 parts kit, mainly for the upper but I'm sure I'll use some of the other components too like the stock and grip. Based on the chopped lower receiver rear end and fire control group, it was a PD or dealer gun.

I intend on using it for a transferable Colt M16/M16A1/614 receiver after I save up enough money to buy one. (Probably in a year or so) I wanted an M4 type package and figured an older upper would be appropriate for an older registered Colt lower.

Anyways, I'm no Colt expert, can anyone tell me exactly what I have? It resembles uppers I see online described as "XM4" or A2. The kit didn't come with the front receiver chunk so I don't know the model info. I would guess it's from the '80s. The stock is two position only and has an "H" buffer.

It also didn't include any front sling loop, but it appears due to some light wear on the barrel, it had the side swivel kind installed at one point, which I assume would be "correct" for such an upper.

The upper has "M4" on the front and "C" above "MB" on the side, thegas block/sight post has "<B>1" on the side, ans the barrel is marked "C MP" over "5.56 NATO 1/7"

The carrier is marked "C" and the bolt marked "MPGC" The G appears to have a line (-) above it.

Here's photos for your viewing pleasure:

knQHtb.jpg

2LQUJk.jpg

ps1RNh.jpg

gsp9ay.jpg

oKyFy8.jpg

CWWM83.jpg

q1tH2l.jpg

WyGDQt.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:

AKDoc

I wondered who bought that kit. I was eyeing it for my m16. Will probably just build my own similar upper. Cool piece.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter