OK..... seriously thinking about FA FNC purchase

garandman

Please school me.

What to look for, and look our for.

Mag prices? Available upgrades?

Going price, links to any for sale, etc.

I'm thinking its prlly the best value in rifle caliber MGs today. (given that all NFA is WAAAY artificially overpriced)

Thanx.

Last edited:

paco

The FN is a strong and good rifle.
Works great, shoots great and feels great.
What your waiting for. Buy 10!

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
AR mags. That's the best part.

Worst part? Parts. There are none. Not quite true; new USA-made firing pins can be had if you look.

wanneroo

UZI Talk Supporter
I always like the FNC, but we all know the situation with them here in the USA. They are pretty much an orphan with almost no support or parts. I remember an FA one at a gun show a few years ago here in PA priced in the upper $8k range. Too bad I couldn't afford it then, I could probably wrangle it now.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I always like the FNC, but we all know the situation with them here in the USA. They are pretty much an orphan with almost no support or parts. I remember an FA one at a gun show a few years ago here in PA priced in the upper $8k range. Too bad I couldn't afford it then, I could probably wrangle it now.

I agree,
No last round bolt hold open, not a deal breaker but haven't seen it mentioned.

seabee

thats all you hear, no parts no parts no parts, theirs parts just have to look a little harder
if people really new, all the fnc would be scarfed up and non to be found at the price they are selling at

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
I have a FNC with S&H sear. After owning it for 6-12 months I decided to buy a near mint semi FNC just for parts. For both guns I have about $14K invested. My thinking is that at some point if I sell the sear gun the semi will be wedded to it in terms of the sale terms. If I were buying that would be a huge consideration and wouldn't cost that much more than the sear alone.

Last edited:

parrthed

UZI Talk Supporter
Can't help you out too much because mines still in jail.

I shot it last summer and fell in love with it. Very smooth and controllable.

I'm sure you will hear the same stuff I did, they are reliable but spare parts can be tough to find.....

Although I have been surfing the web and have luckily come across a good amount of parts I will still likey buy a semi for spares as well.

Everything seems very robust and capable of handling what it was designed to do

I say 13-14k is the current window

sweersa

I hope to afford a select fire FNC within 5 years. I already have a box of mags and spare parts, but I may buy a semi FNC for more critical parts to have on hand.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
I hope to afford a select fire FNC within 5 years. I already have a box of mags and spare parts, but I may buy a semi FNC for more critical parts to have on hand.

Unless things drastically change for the better, MG prices will triple in 5 years.

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
One just sold on GB for $850. One sold two years ago for $700. Unfortunate part is they do break.

And without that expensive, rare and breakable bolt your >$13K FA FNC is SOL. Which is exactly why I bought the semi backup donor. How much would a FNC FA sear gun be worth without that bolt? How hard would it be to sell it? At that point maybe you'd sell the sear by itself and part out the rest.

I for sure wouldn't want to spend 2 years looking for one if I needed it.

AGG

3 semi-auto FNC's may be a better investment than 1 FA FNC!!! ;)

Tony

ZeroCool

UZI Talk Supporter
I Just bought one, and I know that if you're handy, a lot of stuff as far as accessorizing one can be accomplished. This is an FAL hand guard on mine. It uses the same extractor as an M249 so you can get plenty of those and firing pins which are the main concern points other than the bolt. which if you really wanted, you could weld up even more before you even start putting it to use.

29axxcw.jpg

11qu8u0.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter