New favorite smg

drw

UZI Talk Life Member
The Swedish K is one of my "must have one day" guns! Those Suomi drums seem to last forever with the K's rate of fire. Congrats.

az paul

UZI Talk Life Member
Nice!! I have an S&W76 in Transfer. Question.....Knowing that the Suomi mags, when slightly modified will work nicely on the S&W76, is it safe to assume the Suomi drums will work, as well? If so, it's time to order a couple of drums. Thanks.

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
Paul, unlike the Swedish K, the S&W 76 doesn't have a removeable mag well that will allow you to use the drums. You must attach a stick mag to the drum, (much like your Vector drum), to use them.

tomk

Stock drums will not work with the SW76 / MK760. These rifles do not have the removable magwell like a Swedish K. You can buy modified drums (portion of the straight clip welded onto the drum - like done for Uzi or others) that will work.

I had an MK760. They are fun guns. You wil have a lot of fun with your SW76.

The Swedish K is, however, a whole different ballgame in terms of fluid shooting, trigger and staying on target (using standard $20 drums is nice too). Enjoy.

Brian Ski

UZI Talk Life Member
Tom Denall makes an awesome suppressor for the K... He has a design that if it works loose it will not loose alignment.... The barrel fits in the suppressor.... Don't have a pic handy of the barrel alone...

Attachments

• swedish k with sup.jpg
    swedish k with sup.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 703

az paul

UZI Talk Life Member
Thanks, guys!! If I can't use the drums, it's time to look for a suitable Frankenmag.

Jimmy2Times

FFL 07/02, UZI Talk Supporter, , --PBR Mafia--
The Sweedish K is/has always been one of my favorite SMG's. I always intended for a Sweedish K to be my first SMG (Back when a transferrable was about $2500), but ended up with an Uzi instead, and glad I did. While I love the Sweedish K, I'd never give up my Uzi for one.

Mario_FAMOInc

UZI Talk Supporter, More toys!
I bought my Swedish K back when they were around $1600 and knowing what I know today... I would spend todays going rate to get one if I didn't already have one. Good choice!

What is the length of the suppressor tube, and how does it handle?

Mario

Brian Ski

UZI Talk Life Member
Mario_FAMO said:
I bought my Swedish K back when they were around $1600 and knowing what I know today... I would spend todays going rate to get one if I didn't already have one. Good choice!

What is the length of the suppressor tube, and how does it handle?

Mario

$1600 you dog.... Got mine for $1800... Can you believe the guy who sold it to me talked me out of a new M11/9 for $550. He said Save my money and I would like it a lot better... Can you believe I waited about 8 years later and picked up a used (but in perfect shape) M11/9 with 22 kit for $1100.

This is a pic of Denalls suppressor modifacation... He likes it because you can have the can come loose several turns and still keep alignment. You have to come up with an extra barrel nut and shroud and he will modify it...That way you can keep the original... Balances perfect and handles very well. The size is 2" diameter and 12" long... Kind of big but it sounds great. I tore it apart once... That guy is an artist... Never seen a baffle setup like it... Not like washers or round baffles like most everyone uses.. This has angled bits of steel and slots... Need a pic to explain it.

Attachments

• swedish k wo suppressor.jpg
    swedish k wo suppressor.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 598

tomk

Here's my new one with with suppressor attached. I also attached a picture with the suppressor barrel. No front sights on mine.

I went out and shot some subsonic through the rifle today (I'll be loading my own for what those rounds cost). No problem shooting without headphones. I am still looking for user feedback for the Gemtec Sionics upgrade. I am very tempted to have this suppressor upgraded if it will have a true benefit to performance.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/244378.JPG
http://www.hunt101.com/img/244375.JPG

Mario_FAMOInc

UZI Talk Supporter, More toys!
Brian Ski said:
This is a pic of Denalls suppressor modifacation... Balances perfect and handles very well. The size is 2" diameter and 12" long... Kind of big but it sounds great...

The comparable Gemtech SG-9 is 14" long, so your's is actually a better length. The "K" is long, for a subgun, so any savings in OAL with the suppressor in place is a good thing. Enjoy it!

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter