Need feedback on IMA barrel

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
Does anyone have any experience with this barrel?
I'm looking for feedback before purchasing one.

redweirdbeard

No, but I have bought and tried 3 fullsize barrels from pike arms in my vector and they run 100 percent.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
No idea on their UZI barrels.
I'd call them and ask if they are surplus or made for IMA.

They did a run of sterling barrels and they were all off.
Fixable but out of spec.

Slowmo

No, but I have bought and tried 3 fullsize barrels from pike arms in my vector and they run 100 percent.

Don’t know about IMA, but Pike has worked fine for me with two barrels I have tried.

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
So I took a risk and bought one. I really wanted the chrome. Shot 8ea. 32rd mags FA yesterday with a variety of ammo. Had 2 failures to feed with hollow point reloads. Typical jam, shell at 45deg hitting the top of the chamber mouth. These have a BIG hollow point and I had no expectation that they would run. To be clear, these hollow points wont run in any of my IMI barrels either. I'm very happy with the IMA barrel. A chrome lined barrel that runs for 150.00? Whats not to like. I think my buddy already ordered one for his shooter.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I just bought a few of these after seeing these positive reviews and the chrome lining looks way better in person than the pics on their site. Very nice looking. I 3 lugged one and put it up on Gunbroker to help pay for one I want to keep. Thanks for the reviews. I wish they would make these for the Mini also. I don't have a chrome lined Mini barrel

David Hineline

FFL/SOT
I just bought a few of these after seeing these positive reviews and the chrome lining looks way better in person than the pics on their site. Very nice looking. I 3 lugged one and put it up on Gunbroker to help pay for one I want to keep. Thanks for the reviews. I wish they would make these for the Mini also. I don't have a chrome lined Mini barrel

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter