Multi caliber upper Classification mystery

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
That’s a big fucking Twinkie.

So what’s the difference between that and a full auto 37mm flare gun? Besides 3mm and $400,000? I’d be happy shooting bird bombs in full auto. $200 per round is crazy.

slimshady

IIRC, there are 3 types of DD FFLs, all cost $3K for 3 years plus you need the $500 SOT for tax free transfers. Once you have that, the $200 per round tax only applies to those you sell to the public. If you plan on blasting away more than 8 rounds a year, cheaper to become a dealer/manufacturer/importer.

Renegade

UZI Talk Supporter, , Semper Vigilo
If the bore is over 1/2", it is a DD unless you have an exemption.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
I have to imagine that some multi-millionaire is agonizing over the cost of that like I was with a nib m11/9 earlier this year. I'd have to assume that every round that it would fire would be another $200 tax stamp, unless you really liked putting lots of chalk down range.

To me it is not a question of the $200 tax per round, but where you could fire such a round. Everything would be piles of fun until you have a HE round that doesn't go off. Then what do you do abouta live unexploded grenade? Call the local PD, or maybe DOD? I know of no Ordinance ranges open to the public. So what would it cost to make your own Ordinance range? What would it cost to secure such a range from the public? It is also my understanding that it is a felony to get a FFL to "improve your collection". There is also the issue of storage of High Explosives. I would think that you would have to have these issues plus a dozen more I can't think of off the top of my head. The $450,000 sounds cheap compared to all the rest of it.

Unless a new round could be developed with a 37mm projectile and a 40mm case, all the 40mm beltfeed components would need to be redesigned to fit the 37mm round. So I would think that since there are no commercially manufacturered 37mm links or beltfeed parts I could see hundreds of thousands of dollars in engineering and development costs for those items.

Scott

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
I think if you can afford a half MM for the flare gun you can afford some vacant in-county land.

Any unexploded ordinance gets hit… with more exploding ordinance!

Now with the launcher, the land and enough ammo for real shooting you’d be creeping up towards 3/4 of a million. That’s a lot of hookers and whiskey.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
I think if you can afford a half MM for the flare gun you can afford some vacant in-county land.

Any unexploded ordinance gets hit… with more exploding ordinance!

Now with the launcher, the land and enough ammo for real shooting you’d be creeping up towards 3/4 of a million. That’s a lot of hookers and whiskey.

Depends on the quality of the hookers and whiskey.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter