Modifying Micro Bolt to Mini Bolt ? On a Temporary basis.

Destiny

Having three piles of Uzi Bolts is irritating enough but on two piles.. the are basically the same bolt but the Micros have the cut-out or notch on the top and the Mini Bolts do not. Well, has anyone modified the Micro bolts to work in the Minis ? Twenty years ago I welded up some .45 Micro bolts for the Mini by filing in the notch but couldn't go back. Has someone made some sort of Temporary Plug ? Plastic or tungsten or steel or brass with a threaded set screw so it wouldn't be a buzzin or a rattlin when fired.

I'm thinking some sort of ball detents to hold it to the bolt so it could snap on and snap off... Its the Evil Blonde escaping again. Not dead yet.

Destiny

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Maybe turn the notch into a dovetail, with a set screw if needed? The "filler" would be held more securely, but still be removable

124NATO

I think you just mod the top cover catch ie. Weld a post more rearwards so you can catch the back of the micro slot .

There should be a picture floating around somewhere of the mod

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I think you just mod the top cover catch ie. Weld a post more rearwards so you can catch the back of the micro slot .

There should be a picture floating around somewhere of the mod

Yep...that is what I did years ago. I posted a pic but couldn't find it. Looked in my parts box and found two of them. Just took some new pics.
This works great.
I like this route as the Micro bolt is untouched and nothing is reciprocating with the potential to fall off during firing.

Modified-tc-lug-Micro-in-Mini.png

Destiny

Interesting... I had thought about cutting some 5/8" Tungsten Rod in half and a few set screws but was trying to go with the ratcheting topcover on the mini.. Imagine either way would work.. didn't look at the Non-ratcheting Micro Topcover.. More pondering.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter