Marking your info on Firearms.

suka5168

UZI Talk Life Member
Most you NFA blessed people will need to place your stamping on the firearm. I know there are guildline to follow depth, height, etc...
How are these done? with a hammer and hand stamp or a machine, or pro engraver?
Do able at home with a dremal?

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, most "NFA people" don't have to worry about this. Most people just buy an existing NFA weapon. It's only if you manufacture one that you have to worry about marking it. Unless you're a class II SOT, you can only make SBR, SBS, AOW. For those that are doing it, you do have to follow the size and depth guidelines. Stamping, milling or engraving is allowed. Dremel would be allowed if you can meet the depth requirements (and if you don't mind the crappy look of it.)

Brian Ski

UZI Talk Life Member
If it was me I would find a trophy shop that would be cool with it... They can do a profesional job that looks great... You hate to do a hack job...

suka5168

UZI Talk Life Member
Acually it will be for parts , barrel, bolts, mags, etc some are us some are not and wish to mark them as to avoid any confusion on my part.
say i have a US barrel and Import barrel , how can i tell. So my plan is to mark then and avoid the confussion.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter