M11/22

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
6 months in the making this project has finally come to the point of which it is worth showing. A dedicated 22lr upper for the m11. Threaded barrel is just short of 4.5 inch so most ammo should stay subsonic, uses Richards 22lr mags, 10/22 extractor, dual 10/22 recoil springs, aluminum receiver, non reciprocating spring loaded charging handle, 4140 alloy steel barrel and bolt. Short video of it running
. :)

Attachments

• m11-22-left-side.jpg
    m11-22-left-side.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 1,497
  • m11-22-right-side.jpg
    m11-22-right-side.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 1,487

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Mike,
it looks great especially with the new paint job.

Hopefully, they’ll come to market.

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
Make an m11a1

I actually designed this with the m11a1 in mind. The recoil system and bolt should work in both you'll just need to make the receiver shorter. I don't have a baby m11 or I would have made one for it too.

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
Nice! Will you be selling them or is this just for personal use?

I am willing to work with anyone who would like to market this. If that doesn't happen I may consider having some parts made and selling them as kits that they could assemble them selves. I don't want to spend my time assembling and marketing these as I want to spend my time developing a working prototype of the m10/308 NATO.

LawBob

I actually designed this with the m11a1 in mind. The recoil system and bolt should work in both you'll just need to make the receiver shorter. I don't have a baby m11 or I would have made one for it too.

Can always put parts inside a m11a1 upper

Oldyeler

Looks awesome. Kit form sounds great too. Please tell me you’re starting a list…

Heineken

UZI Talk Supporter
Looks awesome. Kit would be fine. I'll buy as soon as ready, put me on the list.

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
Telling me you would buy one is good, it lets me see there is interest but for now there will be no list. If it comes to me making these I'll start another thread and start a list.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
I see that the upper is taller like a Max upper. Is there room to add weight to slow it down?

SecondAmend

Though I have a M11-380, I have zero interest in a .22 upper or conversion (e.g., barrel sleeve and bolt). Thanks for asking. Good luck.

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
I see that the upper is taller like a Max upper. Is there room to add weight to slow it down?

No not really in its current design but anything could be possible. For one reason the charging handle actually sits on top of the bolt in the left half of the receiver. The right half is currently solid and maybe something could be done there but honestly I have no interest in doing that. 22lr is a real pia to make run with its limited energy and shitty quality of the rounds. I'm sure everyone would want it to run with every brand of cheapest bulk ammo. I was having a real issue getting some Remington bulk ammo to run until I realized how shitty the ammo was. I could wiggle the bullets in the case from side to side and pull some of them out with very little effort.

mak91

UZI Talk Supporter
Another thing I should mention. Like said earlier I designed the bolt and recoil system to run in both the long and short m11. The current setup has 2 recoil spring rods in a 1 1/2 inch spacer and the recoil springs just slide onto the rods. To change them you just pull the upper, slide out the spacer and slide the springs off or on. No tools required. Its currently set up to use 2 normal power 10/22 springs. There are +10 and -10 power springs readily available for tuning. Using them I have run 5 different brands of ammo including 45 gr suppressor(Federal?) and 60 gr sss subsonic ammo.

Since I have this setup working fairly well and it should work for both flavors of the m11 I am going to look into a recoil system just for the long frame m11. I'd like to see how much of a cycling difference there will be when using the additional 1 1/2 or so of travel.

pmf

I've got 22 kits for an uzi and a mac. I never did have a lot of luck getting them to run well. 22 ammo is dirty stuff. And a lot of it is crap. If I kept the mags really clean and only used Winchester Super-X or Federal Gold (?) the uzi kit worked OK, but still jammed at least every other mag.

I finally came to the conclusion that 9mm subguns really aren't designed to shoot tiny 22 ammo. And 22 ammo really isn't dirt cheap like it used to be. So I just quit monkeying with the things. Its really fun when it works, but the problem is, its not fun for very long.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter