M10 still in use…

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
The drawing you describe may have been done by Fred Rexer for Mitch.

View attachment 39184

There are a lot of guys who “were there”. With all sorts of wild tall tales. I have spoken to so many guys who “worked at RPB” or “worked at MAC”. Or knew Werbell or Wayne Daniel etc etc. it is a common gunshow trope among the older guys to have “worked at RPB”. The zytel magazines splitting at the seems was a very well known issue with the early version of the magazine. Everybody had problems with it.

Yes the story about the lawyer is likely a cover, which is why I said “supposedly”. Nobody knows the true story. Lots of shady characters involved in the history of the Ingram guns.
I’m not sure if that was the drawing, as I recall a can being on the gun. I saw it along time ago though.

Like I mentioned, they were just stories and I was passing them along. However, I’m 100% certain he was actually there. He had some awesome mac stuff too. He had some of the the Factory Mac 380 suppressor ammo too (NIB). I thought I was going to be able to buy that ammo but someone got it out from under me. He was big into the NFA stuff (way back when) and was an importer (crap load) of firearms.

Just curious, if that drawing is yours, what was the guys first name you got it from?

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I’m not sure if that was the drawing, as I recall a can being on the gun. I saw it along time ago though.

Like I mentioned, they were just stories and I was passing them along. However, I’m 100% certain he was actually there. He had some awesome mac stuff too. He had some of the the Factory Mac 380 suppressor ammo too (NIB). I thought I was going to be able to buy that ammo but someone got it out from under me. He was big into the NFA stuff (way back when) and was an importer (crap load) of firearms.

Just curious, if that drawing is yours, what was the guys first name you got it from?
The drawing is not mine, I have a few copies of it though. That original was photographed at the powder springs farm in werbells house. A buddy of mine is close with Geoff Werbell, Mitch’s son. He would periodically go out to the powder springs farm and dig through Mitch’s old stuff. I have pics of some really cool items and he has some interesting stuff in his collection, including werbells personal affects, like his wallet, with drivers license, firearms id and AARP insurance card.

I have a signed copy of blackie collins’ self defense book from werbells personal library, it is personalized to Mitch, and has his name and powder springs address stamp on the inside. It also has a MAC name tape from a military uniform in it as a book mark, which is cool because it was obtained at the first Werbell estate sale, and they were NOT willing to sell anything MAC apparently, but that name tape bookmark slipped through the cracks.

I have always wished I could find one of those 380 MAC boxes. I know of a few in some friends’ collections, but have not found one myself. I did just recently find a few boxes of MAC 9mm subsonic ammo, it is reloaded Remington, in green boxes, with MAC labels on the boxes. 147gr I believe, it was advertised in the old MAC price lists.

Last edited:

cherenkov

I know a person who lived in the neighborhood and worked for Werbell doing some office work for a period. She said the General was a polite and kind man to her. There were always strange guys visiting. Go figure.

dalbert

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at the pic closely I almost wanna double down on my original interpretation of that thing as a magazine. It actually almost looks like the profile of a zytel M11/9 magazine. With the darker shaded portion to the left being the front “spine” of the mag and it looks like there is a visible seam running vertically. I can also kinda make out the shape of the feedlips towards the top. It could also just be a case of pareidolia ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wouldn’t be the first time the wrong size magazine was paired with an M11.
I concur on it probably being a Zytel mag, which are still my favorite ones to shoot. Just don't overload them, or they will split along the seam mentioned in your post.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter