Looking for Improved Extractor

howdy

I was getting some failure to eject at the range this weekend. I would really like to find one of the "Improved Extractors" like RTG had a few years ago.

If anyone happens to have one laying around, I would LOVE to buy it off you and get my FNC running a little more reliably.
Adding more oil to the carrier helped a bit, but not 100%.

Thanks

howdy

Unfortunately, Fuatos does not have any.
Anyone who may have a spare, please message me!

bauerdb2

I was getting some failure to eject at the range this weekend. I would really like to find one of the "Improved Extractors" like RTG had a few years ago.

If anyone happens to have one laying around, I would LOVE to buy it off you and get my FNC running a little more reliably.
Adding more oil to the carrier helped a bit, but not 100%.

Thanks
Any improvement with your issues?

howdy

Looking back, it's actually hard to say whether the improved extractor itself truly helped, because my issues occurred over the course of 3 range days and involved a few different factors.

Range Day 1: After about 5 mags with no issues, gun starts jamming frequently (FTE). Using adverse gas setting does not resolve.
Post Range Day 1: Discover broken firing pin, replaced that.
Range Day 2: Still getting FTE. However this time, when flipped to adverse setting, the gun runs fine.
Post Range Day 2: Replaced the extractor as well as swapped from Indian Ordnance ammo (3,165 FPS) to PMC X-Tac (3,270 FPS), 7% higher muzzle energy.
Range Day 3: Gun runs fine now.

When I had my GMB barrel chopped and installed, I asked for the gas setting to be set a little lower than standard, so suppressed shooting wouldn't be too overly harsh on the action. I am thinking after I resolved the broken firing pin issue, I may have just been encountering low gas due to the low gas setting combined with the ammo's slightly lower power.
Now, I plan to use the lower powered ammo when it's suppressed, and the X-Tac or other higher powered ammo when unsuppressed.
I am also trying to figure out how to adjust the gas screw myself, in case I end up finding I really need it dialed back up a bit. I don't shoot it suppressed very much.

bauerdb2

Looking back, it's actually hard to say whether the improved extractor itself truly helped, because my issues occurred over the course of 3 range days and involved a few different factors.

Range Day 1: After about 5 mags with no issues, gun starts jamming frequently (FTE). Using adverse gas setting does not resolve.
Post Range Day 1: Discover broken firing pin, replaced that.
Range Day 2: Still getting FTE. However this time, when flipped to adverse setting, the gun runs fine.
Post Range Day 2: Replaced the extractor as well as swapped from Indian Ordnance ammo (3,165 FPS) to PMC X-Tac (3,270 FPS), 7% higher muzzle energy.
Range Day 3: Gun runs fine now.

When I had my GMB barrel chopped and installed, I asked for the gas setting to be set a little lower than standard, so suppressed shooting wouldn't be too overly harsh on the action. I am thinking after I resolved the broken firing pin issue, I may have just been encountering low gas due to the low gas setting combined with the ammo's slightly lower power.
Now, I plan to use the lower powered ammo when it's suppressed, and the X-Tac or other higher powered ammo when unsuppressed.
I am also trying to figure out how to adjust the gas screw myself, in case I end up finding I really need it dialed back up a bit. I don't shoot it suppressed very much.
What is your barrel length?

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter