Looking for Galil

Jasont

I own a Golani...Its a good firearm. Not a huge fan of centrey but is okay I would like a Galil any ideas or suggestions of any websites/gunshops to find one at?

Jasont

yeah thats not bad. but I was looking for the 223 version. what do you guys think about vulcan armament?

darkest2000

boscoman said:
Crap. if it isn't IMI you are wasting ur $$. Plain & simple.

I had high hopes when ORF first introduced their "state of the art" CNC machined Galil receiver....I was so naive back then.:nutkick

snipertn

2nd option is you could send your Goloni to Tengalil, let him go through it and it will work everytime. It wont be IMI but it aint bad.

Just an idea.

Jasont

Ive heard alot of people talk about Tengalil. What is this all about?

Jasont

boscoman said:
Crap. if it isn't IMI you are wasting ur $$. Plain & simple.
Yeah I eventually want to own a .308 Galil. Just a little out of the price bracket right now.

mco119

I'm helping a local buddy sell his Akforum Special Edition Rifle (SER) Galil on Gunbroker...not sure why he decided to post it up there, since I doubt most people there appreciate the difference between it and a Golani. Anyway, the SER Galils were built by Troy at InRange, who is one of the best AK builders in the country. He basically moved heaven and earth to make sure he got everything right with them (as I recall he had some problems with the barrels timing up), and they are very nice guns. Head and shoulders in quality above the CAI stuff. Not trying to hock my buddy's gun or anything, but since you're looking: http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=130984664

Otherwise, I'd be talking to Tenngalil, as a couple of people have already mentioned. I'm very impressed by his work. In fact, I may end up selling my SER Galil, too, just to fund a Tenngalil build. This isn't a bash to the Akforum SER..I think it's a great gun. It's just that the SER Galil is an AR, and I badly want an ARM. In a perfect world I'd keep the SER, build the ARM, and then I'd have both...but in reality, if I don't sell something, that ARM isn't getting built. It's down to the SER, or my Russian AK builds, and I'm a ComBloc weapons fan first and foremost (sorry, guys:halo ).

Anyway, good luck!

wellcraft

galil's are not hard to find but they are a bit on the expensive side. check out gunbroker, auctionarms and gunsamerica.

wellcraft

Jasont said:
yeah thats not bad. but I was looking for the 223 version. what do you guys think about vulcan armament?

stay away, far away

mco119

wellcraft said:
stay away, far away

Run, don't walk, away. I'd rather not own a Galil than own a Vulcan variant. I can't believe those guys are still in business...

Tenngalil

UZI Talk Life Member
Parts are usually pretty nice on the vulcans but quality is a close tie depending on which area you are talking about.
The reciever is of course the biggie and they usually fail heat treat check 50% of the time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter