Lage 22 mk2 conversion kit question

zirad54

hey everyone. I ran into a guy at the local range and he has a Lage 22 conversion new unwrapped for mk2. Gunbroker has one for $2500. Is that the going rate? He is asking a bit less

Attachments

• IMG_4201.jpeg
    IMG_4201.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4201.jpeg
    IMG_4201.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 24

Novagunner

Looks like the one on currently is a max-11/22 and the sold one was a gen 1 m11/22. Value is really hard to say and depends on the person. New vs used and stock upper vs Lage upper. Prices are all over the place on GB depending on which kit and condition.

I’ve played both all 3 varieties. m-11/22 gen 1 and mk2 and max-11/22. The build quality in the mk2 is definitely nicer than the previous version.

Personally, I’d rank them best to worst as
Max-11/22 because Lage upper
M11/22 mk2 for build quality
M11/22 gen 1 (or whatever they are actually called).

Let me know if you don’t buy the one from your range. :D

Last edited:

RevolverJockey

These seem to have gained a lot of popularity lately, but honestly I can’t see paying $1,000+ for one. They just aren’t that cool and a year and a half ago, they almost couldn’t give them away for $500-$600. That said I have an old Fleming kit that runs.

Novagunner

Ah. A running Fleming? You sir have a unicorn. I must be a masochist as I’m working on getting a m10 one to run. Just waiting for an extractor. Someone on arfcom (I think) posted a m10 Fleming without knowing the running condition for $2500.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
Did not know there were 2 versions of the unit for a stock upper.

Whats the difference and how do you tell one from Two..??

Have A unit for stock upper that always works.
And another for the Gen 1 Max 11.....never messed with it yet.

skullsoldier

I can’t say what the value is, but I can say that a full auto .22 is a grail among machine gun owners because it’s fun and cheap to shoot. There are very few .22 full auto guns, and certainly the 10/22 Norell conversions and M16 transferable are significantly more expensive in todays market. A Norell just went for almost $30K. I got lucky and got one of Richard’s last .22 kits and it’s been excellent.

zirad54

I will probably end up just picking it up if I can get him to come down a bit. I figure I have everything else Lage, I may as well add this as well. I just like the fact that it is still factory sealed.

Novagunner

Did not know there were 2 versions of the unit for a stock upper.

Whats the difference and how do you tell one from Two..??

Have A unit for stock upper that always works.
And another for the Gen 1 Max 11.....never messed with it yet.
there is the one marked “Lage Mfg m-11/22” and one with m-11/22 mk2”. It is my understanding that functionally they are pretty much the same but the mk2 is stouter and also has a couple of extra holes tapped in the top. I’m looking for a side by side pic that I saw.

The stock upper one has the 2 versions that I know of. The Lage upper conversion has only a single version. I’m by no means an expert but just what I have seen and played with.

Novagunner

I will probably end up just picking it up if I can get him to come down a bit. I figure I have everything else Lage, I may as well add this as well. I just like the fact that it is still factory sealed.
Good luck man. They are a lot of fun. FA rim fire is a ton of fun but finicky and lots of cleaning if you want to shoot a few thousand per session.

10mmlover

I understand I'm on a forum where people spend lots of money on stuff they can't justify, but for $2500 you could buy 10,000 rounds of 9mm even at today's factory made prices. Seeing as 22 is a lot more expensive than it used to be, how in any way does that seem worth it for this upper?

pmf

I never had any luck getting mine to work (I had the first Lage 22 kit). Sold it for $1200 last year. 22 is fun to shoot in a machine gun -- I had a more functional kit for my uzi. But in my experience, its really finicky -- a few brands of high velocity ammo worked best, but weren't always easy to find. Those guns are designed to shoot 9mm, not 22 cal. Years ago 22 was dirt cheap -- it isn't anymore -- at least not the stuff you want. I think those kits are a waste of time/money.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
22lr is expensive enough now I just don't shoot my flemming M10 little mac attack anymore.

I let some kids shoot it last fall when I had all the uppers out and we were hamming the 10/15 pretty hard.

Mine has been flawless since day one so it's fun to shoot just expensive to do so with 22lr at 10 cpr and more.

I can reload 9mm right now for what 22lr goes for.
But even that is getting where 9mm factory ammo is now 20 cpr from a questionable/unknown maker.

As soon as the big names get their prices down to what it cost to reload it it i'll go back to buying it by the case.

Novagunner

Mini-mags are currently like 8cpr shipped with tax from target sport and got federal bulk for 6-7cpr (did have more failures). We were even using a McFadden loader.

Unfortunately, we aren’t going to see the prices of sub 3 cent primers and $125 bulk 9mm that we had a few years ago.

RevolverJockey

I took my kit out yesterday and dumped a half dozen mags or so - .22 MGs are a lot of fun. That being said, my kit isn’t like most I have seen. I don’t really remember how to make a file small enough to upload, but it has a red dot, 3 lug etc.

Novagunner

I took my nephew out to have some fun. Ran a m11/22 on stock upper and not quite as awesome as running max-11/22 but it was his first full auto. We ran about a brick of 22 through the m11/22 and only 4 mags through the suppressed max-11/15. We would have probably done more through the 11/15 but it has a DeadAir brake on it and it is just a dick move indoors so we were polite and used the can.

NAM

Ah. A running Fleming? You sir have a unicorn. I must be a masochist as I’m working on getting a m10 one to run. Just waiting for an extractor. Someone on arfcom (I think) posted a m10 Fleming without knowing the running condition for $2500.
He's smoking crack. He also said it's not running properly.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/MAC-10-Fleming-22-upper/118-2288695/

i traded mine for a super shorty holster, and felt like I got the better end of the deal. Never ran properly despite multiple tweaks.

RevolverJockey

They can run, you just have to be patient and watch the signs - once the mags have been fitting where they don’t drag on the bolt and you have a decent extractor, I think most of them will function. I use exclusively BX-25s in mine. Also worth mentioning this is with Federal auto match and champion bulk.
Lee

Last edited:

Novagunner

I’m still getting mine to run well. Just got a new extractor and tuning it a bit. I’m a glutton for punishment though. Lol

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I sold one brand new in the package with no mag for a little over 2k on GB a few months back… seems to be the going rate.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter