Is BWE still selling parts?

redweirdbeard

I know that he has passed but his website is still up and running. Has anyone ordered anything since he has passed? Thanks

SecondAmend

I'd guess that the estate is still in probate, and any and all assets (including the website) are required to be frozen pending the completion of the probate process to maintain whatever value (including goodwill) that they may have, and to provide for the payment of creditors, if any.

MHO, YMMV, etc.

Kramer

I've had parts on back order for a couple of years. Oh well.

redweirdbeard

I'd guess that the estate is still in probate, and any and all assets (including the website) are required to be frozen pending the completion of the probate process to maintain whatever value (including goodwill) that they may have, and to provide for the payment of creditors, if any.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Makes sense. Thanks

Chef

Who exactly do you think would be running the business anyway?
If you've seen his videos, you can be sure it's not his son.
The only chance BWE has of existing in the future is if someone with the skills and knowledge buys the name and inventory and plans on running it.
It's unfortunate that there isn't some webmaster you could get in touch with to disable the ordering/payment process on the website. To prevent unknowing individuals from placing orders that will never be filled.

Galil#1

IMHO No one is running the business, it went with Richard. Rest in Peace Sir.

Hiller

Richard, seemed to really enjoy shooting and was so willing to share his passion for firearms. What a great legacy.

R/s, Hiller……..

scotty57

If anyone knows how to get ahold of the executer or whoever is holding the BWE assets, I may be interested in buying them out, and fulfilling the old back orders. anyone have contact info? I tried thru there email and never received a reply. thanks, Rod (mckay ent. LLC )

Galil#1

That sounds nice Rod; however, very doubtful any of that was planned because it would of happened by now, or that individual would of let it be known by now etc.

Chef

Richard lived in Longwood Florida, his facebook page is still up.
In his friends list, you can find other Hoffmans, no doubt related to him.
I would recommend getting in touch with them and seeing who the executor of his estate is and go from there.
Considering his kids don't have any parents left to support them, they would probably welcome offers at this point just to keep the lights on.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter