Ingram M-10 Conversion Unit Question

bayoutank

Reaching out to the think tank with a question. Does anybody have the parts list of the original Ingram M-10 Conversion Unit kits?
I know it has the Upper with barrel, Bolt, Bolt spring assembly and Magazine adapter. I think it should also come with a magazine latch adapter but I am not sure.
Looking for the parts circled in the picture. Thanks.

M10 Conversion Kit Pic.JPG

Roaster72

UZI Talk Supporter
In your circle, the part on the right is a cocking knob and the part on the left is the magazine release.

bayoutank

Thanks, nice catch on the cocking knob, just looked like a blob to me. So I am really just short the replacement magazine release. The 9mm mags with the insert do not catch on the standard release so they must have made one specific to the conversion.

BlackBelt

UZI Talk Life Member
You will have to piece your own kit together these days. My 9mm conversion kits run flawlessly, and 9mm ammo is much less expensive than 45acp. Sometimes I have to re-adjust the feed ramp on the magwell insert, but not very often. Also, I sometimes swap between 45 and 9mm at the same shoot. It saved me a bit of frustration to mark the 9mm and 45 mag catches with their appropriate caliber. It's easy to get them mixed up, unless you are using the dual catch on the 45.

majinebz

I JB welded a curved piece of plastic to the back of my 9mm feedramp on the insert so I did not have to rebend it all the time. Worked great.

The other problem I had was the 9mm mags did not even reach the catch In the magwell. So JB welded a sliver of plastic on the spines that gave me an area to catch to.

At some point in time I just bought new m10 9mm stripped receiver and dropped the 9mm conversion on it. Was a texas restamp.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I JB welded a curved piece of plastic to the back of my 9mm feedramp on the insert so I did not have to rebend it all the time. Worked great.

The other problem I had was the 9mm mags did not even reach the catch In the magwell. So JB welded a sliver of plastic on the spines that gave me an area to catch to.

At some point in time I just bought new m10 9mm stripped receiver and dropped the 9mm conversion on it. Was a texas restamp.
When this happens sometimes you just have to file a tiny bit off the top of the magazine catch… easier than modifying all of your magazines.

majinebz

It was so long ago, but if I remember it seemed like the magazines didnt even reach through the slit in the mag adapter. Like a good 1/16 of an inch away from even reaching the catch.

I have no idea how the original owner even used the thing. It came with my PS 45 in a package deal. This was like 18 years ago. Was all original cobray, but I dont remember an extra mag catch at all.

Got it working, liked how it ran fast as hell, so within a year bought the reciever to have a dedicated 9mm.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter