How I Slowed My Lage 11/15 AR Mechanism Upper down to 444 Rpms

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
M16a2 Buttstock with Tubbs Flat Wire Spring
Lage 11/15 Upper with AR Recoil Mechanism
Kynshot Hydraulic Rifle Buffer
Seekins Recoil Device to Minimize Flip
An A5 Buffer Tube was my First Choice but I dont have one on Hand
The Carbine Tube is too short to accomodate that Spring and the Kynshot Rifle Buffer
so I went with the Longer M16 Fixed Stock
All Rounds Were in the A Zone on A IDPA Target at 20 Yards
FYI: with a Carbine Buffer Tube it Ran in the 630 RPM range

10mmlover

I'm definitely jealous of that rate of fire. I wish I could get grease gun rates with my max31c.

Garrett

I’m sorry, to me the LOP looks retardly long with that m16 stock.
Yes, it is overly long. When I was running a TASK setup on the M11/9, I used an A1 stock, just to shorten the LOP a bit but keep the rifle-length buffer for the added mass.

But you need long ape-like arms to be comfortable with it. And that’s with a short, compact 9mm upper. Hang that long rifle upper on it, and it’s going to be ok as an in-place LMG-type setup. But really front-heavy offhand.

I appreciate the effort. I think I’d be looking for around 650 RPM, so the carbine stock data is really interesting. Thanks!

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
Everyone is correct that the fixed stock makes the LOP overly long
I am trying to fine a A% tube(longer so i can put the rifle length spring and buffer inside it) and use a
collapsible stock.

Ammo- I was using Wolf Steel Case 223

10mmlover: Put a CFW bolt in your Max31c

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
The receiver extension (buffer tube) for rifle stock is the same length for an A1 length or A2. The shocks are different lengths. The A2 stock is 5/8" longer than an A1.

It is my understanding that a typical shooter can pull the trigger, of an AR, to give around 600 rounds per minute. Personally I like rate of fire to around 650 to 700. That ROF is fairly easy to pull singles but, that is a little too fast compared to my trigger manipulation speed in semi. That's what full auto means to me. I think 444 is too slow. But to each his own.

The "amphibian" set up of the Vltor A5/308 receiver extension for a carbine stock, Tubbs flat wire spring, and the 9mm Kynshot buffer. With the carbine stock fully collapsed, the length of pull would be a little more manageable. Still plenty of room in the receiver extension for more mass in the buffer compared to the standard carbine receiver extension. Since the Lage upper is open bolt, maybe a Slash solid A5 or A5 5H buffer would be better. As "Garrett" posted the rifle length stock has too long LOP. Congratulations on the purchase of the Lage upper. Lage makes great products.

Scott

9mmsubgun-m11

UZI Talk Life Member
Running the same set up here with the VLTOR A5 tube,Tubbs flat wire spring and the KynShot 9mm hydraulic buffer. Mine is running about 600rpm with Wolf ammo.

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
QUOTE:
It is my understanding that a typical shooter can pull the trigger, of an AR, to give around 600 rounds per minute. Personally I like rate of fire to around 650 to 700. That ROF is fairly easy to pull singles but, that is a little too fast compared to my trigger manipulation speed in semi. That's what full auto means to me. I think 444 is too slow. But to each his own.

Clarification
It was an experiment for me to see how slow it could go and it was "grease gun slow"
I will tweak it to yield 625-650

LawBob

How about using that flat wire in a carbine length extension, but with one of those mini buffers like Maxim defense/Q stocks use. They are shorter so the spring would have more room to compress before cycling back.

Just an idea.

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
Law Bob:
part of my reasoning was to use the Kynshot rifle length hydraulic buffer
your idea would work but would cycle way faster

LawBob

I mean as you tune it to 650, as opposed to abreviaste buffer. Wonder what an h2/3 would do…like a spikes tactical one with the tungsten powder inside.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter