Hey Reising Owners...

texasvwnut

UZI Talk Life Member
I posted this on machinegunbooks but the Reising forum has little activity.

I had the opportunity to check out two Reisings today. One had a nice snug mag well, but the other Reising's mag well was loose and had a lot of slop to it.

The one with the loose mag well was for sale and I was told it ran well.

It appears that there are two pins that keep this well attached. Is this a simple fix? I was considering purchasing this gun.

What about parts? Other than Sarco and Numrich is Paul Haynes the only guy to get parts?

CIB

UZI Talk Supporter
As far as I know Paul is the man for Reising parts. He's a heck of a nice guy too. Yeah, the mag wells are easy to swap out, and Paul has some for sale. If you don't mind my asking, what was the asking price?

MuzzleFlash

UZI Talk Life Member
I had the same problem and a C2 friend of mine go me squared away this weekend. First those flat-sided magwell pins are taper pins so don't lose them! You'll probably have to make a replacement!

The trick is simple and works very well. Get a table with a nice square edge and hang one of the mag tabs completely over. Use the handle of a screwdriver to strike it gently several times to bend it a few thousandths downward. Repeat for other tab. Reassemble and test for slop. Repeat if necessary. We're only talking a few thousanths here so don't get carried away.

The tabs are supposed to exert some slight upward pressure on the flat sided taper pins to keep them put and there should be no magwell slop if you've done it right.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter