Help with barrel nut loosening

Help with barrel nut loosening FOUND PROBLEM !

Barrel nut loosening every 25 rd mag.
What is the fix ?

Retaining latch broke off - new one ordered from Vector !! 18Jn03

Last edited:

KarlPMann

Banned
Is the spring in there? And are the ridges on the nut in good shape? And is the catch in good shape? Karl.

salvo

Is it a Vector Uzi?
VegasSMG's barrel nut kept getting loose turned out the barrel trunion was not welded correctly and would slide forward a bit letting the nut get loose. Are you having any light primer strikes?

stymie

FFL/C&R, UZI Talk Life Member,
Karl has it pegged...

A weak, broken or missing spring could prevent the ratchet pawl from properly engaging the bbl nut. If you make a habit of tightening the bbl nut w/o holding the pawl back... you will quickly wear the mating surfaces of both. The front edge of the pawl & the ratchet need to be well defined/sharp!

stymie

FFL/C&R, UZI Talk Life Member,
Was that an early production Vector?

salvo...

Cracked welds?
Warped frame?

KarlPMann

Banned
Yeah, I remember a discussion about VegasSMG's trunion. If your gun is a Vector, call them and get it fixed. If not, check those things I mentioned. Even if it isn't used much, check the teeth and the catch. I've heard of more than a few catches having burs on them that caused problems. A jewelers file is the cure for that. Karl.

salvo

stymie, the welds came loose. Vector fixed it up real quick as usual. I dont think VegasSMG has had a miss feed since, his gun runs like a top.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter