Help removing SMG buffer

Basenji703

UZI Talk Supporter
I bought a FA Vector a number of years ago. It came with the Blackjack or other brand buffer. I'd like to get the buffer out so I can put a wooden stock on it. I've looked in the library, did a forum search and looked on line and I can't find any information on how to remove the buffer once it's in. Do I just muscle it out or cut it? I'd like to reuse it if possible. If not, then I 'll just get a new buffer. Thanks.

MGMAN45

UZI Talk Life Member
Well the only thing I can think of is maybe screw a sheetmetal screw in it then pull it out with some pliers.You may still be able to use it.

MGMAN45

UZI Talk Life Member
Or take the buttstock off and use a punch and knock it forward and out.Probably bugger the threads on nut.Ask BWE he will know for sure.

Basenji703

UZI Talk Supporter
Hopefully he will see this and answer, if not, I'll PM him. I tried to use a couple of flat head screwdrivers. I didn't want to mess it up too much. Perhaps I will try doing that again with a little more force.

MGMAN45

UZI Talk Life Member
I wouldn't worry about the buffer.You can get another if desired.Dont damage the receiver.Definitely consult Richard.

MGMAN45

UZI Talk Life Member
You should be able to drive it out from the rear?Dont have my UZI handy to look.

dustindu4

UZI Talk Life Member
You don't need the buffer, vector didn't ship from the factory with them. Buffers are required for semis. Used cut down to length for FAs to increase rate of fire

K2

Err, Umm,

Remove the bolt that holds the folding stock to the receiver.

Put the screw back in the threaded hole in the nut.

Push/tap on the head of the screw with a soft face hammer?

IIRC, it is a 1/4-20 Whitworth thread but a 1/4-20 UNC will likely thread into the threads if you need a longer bolt to tap on.

Hard to tell without seeing the buffer.

Might work,

YMMV,

K2

Johnny_V

Err, Umm,

Remove the bolt that holds the folding stock to the receiver.

Put the screw back in the threaded hole in the nut.

Push/tap on the head of the screw with a soft face hammer?

IIRC, it is a 1/4-20 Whitworth thread but a 1/4-20 UNC will likely thread into the threads if you need a longer bolt to tap on.

Hard to tell without seeing the buffer.

Might work,

YMMV,

K2

Just saw this thread, and totally agree. My buffer was stuck once and this is what I did to remove it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter