HDPS Rocks!

Sully

UZI Talk Supporter
I just got my USC back from him and all I can say is WOW!!!..I'll try to get some pics up as soon as I get it all put back together.

sunnybean

Hey, can you shoot me an up close photo of the magwell mill work on the upper reciever? I'd like to compare Ed's new work to his older work.

Thank you.

Sully

UZI Talk Supporter
I actually did the magwell opening my self with a dremel and alot of patience. Remove some material, test fit, repeat. etc, etc. I have pics but it says the file is too large. As soon as I figure out how to add it as an attachment I will get them up.

Sully

UZI Talk Supporter
UMP pics hopefully

hope this works.

Attachments

• S5000048.JPG
    S5000048.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 153

sunnybean

Looks good. What did Ed do? I assume the vents, the lower mill work, maybe the dye? You'll love it. The only issue mine has is if you weak charge a round by hand it will stovepipe. A good ol' HK slap or the use of the BHO seems to work every time. Let us know how it runs for you. Do you have the option to kill the faux suppressor and run a real one in Indiana?

As for the magwell photos, no worries. Just curious how much material Ed is removing these days. I have an older one that has an excess of material taken away :-(

Sully

UZI Talk Supporter
Fill/mill the lower, mill the vents, and a dye job. His new stock block is great. The pin goes all the way through it and the other thumb flat just screws into the pin. I cut the hooks and took as little off as possible around the magwell just to get it to snap in. Here in Indiana I do have the option of getting a real suppressor but damn..200 for the SBR, another 200 for the stamp on the can, yet another 200 for the barrel, not to mention the cost of the can itself. I guess it would be worth it once you add up what I currently have into it. :eyespop It's only money.

sunnybean

Yep, the sticker price is shocking...as with any HK. Accessories and stamps really hurt. It just takes time and self control to save, I guess. You could cut some of the price down by skipping on a new barrel. Just SBR and then cut and thread your current one. This opens up a lot of suppressor options. Also, folks trying to suppress the UMP lugged barrel report problems on some QD systems.

The new stock blocks are cool. I actually bought two in hopes of doing one more...someday.

Cheers!

AGG

THAT is an awesome conversion!!! :shocked
Hope you got more than one magazine.

Tony

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter