H&K is selling the MP5 in America!

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Their "MP5" Pistols are supposedly made "not easily convertible"

Villafuego

UZI Talk Supporter
It's got a bit of a "hybrid" front shelf, and has an MKE/POF style block to prevent insertion of a FA bolt carrier...

no one knows yet if the carrier block is removable (without turning your SP5 into an unregistered MG)

It looks like HK didn't use the traditional "full wrap around shelf" on this one due to the paddle mag release.....

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
I would imagine that they would use the same block as they did on the SP5K. RCM makes a full auto bolt/carrier modified to go into the SP5K receiver and still trip the factory catch release lever. The term "catch" is what HK called the auto sear in the roller delayed system. I think it is great that the the 3-lug Navy style barrel and paddle mag release. Too bad the SP5K doesn't have those features.

Scott

Villafuego

UZI Talk Supporter
I would imagine that they would use the same block as they did on the SP5K. RCM makes a full auto bolt/carrier modified to go into the SP5K receiver and still trip the factory catch release lever. The term "catch" is what HK called the auto sear in the roller delayed system. I think it is great that the the 3-lug Navy style barrel and paddle mag release. Too bad the SP5K doesn't have those features.

Scott

The SP5K has a "nub" in the top of the receiver....that prevents insertion of a FA carrier unless a few thou are shaved off the top......no biggie.

The MKE/POF style block being used in the new SP5 is located exactly where the surface on the bottom of the carrier actuates the FA sear trip lever......and a FA carrier can't be installed unless that entire (essential) surface is milled away. It's substantially different and has the registered sear/pack owners in a bit of a tizzy.

It's essentially like an MKE setup, except you don't actually have that forward pin on the housing....and the "hybrid" shelf means that a standard clipped/pinned housing won't fit....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter