GI Uzi #99 finally came home today= 8 days short of a year

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
my first FA purchased 10-28-15 came home today 10-20-16..:bang

here's some before and after photo's
spent some quality time with my son switching the stock, barrel, top cover, eotech and black jack buffer....also just got a IMI .45 kit for it...waiting on the mags still....i shot it once 8 months ago...plan to enjoy it this weekend w/ the family.

like the feel of the gun much better w/ the wood stock and the shorty barrel

Garrett

Well if it's any consolation, it's probably worth more now than when you bought it a year ago.

:silly

It's not a Barbie Doll. Stop playing dress-up with it and go put some rounds downrange!

:devil

(And congratulations on finally getting to bring it home. You'll love it.)

Garrett

Just messing with ya.

:poke

And get a Lula loader. I've got 5 or 6 different types of Uzi loaders, and I still like the Lula the best.

AmEngRifles

Very nice. Congrats. Would love a FA one day!

Just an observation. I am going to be ordering some replacement springs from Wolff Springs soon for my surplus 9mm IMI mags. I have noticed what seem to be feeding issues associated with weak feed springs in my 25 and 32 surplus mags. These mags have predominantly come from RTG. Nothing bad to say about Robert. Just the opposite, but surplus is surplus and Uzi surplus could be as old as what, 60 years!? So about time to freshin' up my mag springs.

Just thought I would mention it in case you have any feeding issues. Some of your mags do look surplus, like mine.

MGMAN45

UZI Talk Life Member
So you are gonna order shit springs for battle tested mags that the springs are not worn out out?please reconsider this course of action.Mags are NOT your problem.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
the 10 mags i have used worked great...i picked the nastiest looking ones to use and kept the nicer ones for the future.....got tons of 25 rounders w/ the gun...even sold a few of them until i found out they are almost worthless........

i have lula loader..used it for the first time tonight...wow is all i can say....unlike any other loader ive used

ive had 11.75 months to stock up on all this stuff.........last item ill grab is a .22 kit when i can find one (in no hurry)

curious how an EOtech will work on the gun...the top cover has front to back movement, but not side to side....also the eotech is so far over the stock...no cheek touching the stock....curious how that will feel when i shoot it...i can always go back to iron sights and toss the eotech on one of my Mac uppers

NativH

UZI Talk Life Member
loading up 10 mags tonight for the weekend....enjoy the barbie comment!!ha!
Only 10 mags? I look down at my mag box, with 35-32 round mags loaded up, and think I may not have enough with me. It was a bit of a pain making that mag box, like shown in the Maintenance/How To Section, but worth it. With each mag loaded 30 rounds, I have 1050 rounds and am ready to rock.

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
Only 10 mags? I look down at my mag box, with 35-32 round mags loaded up, and think I may not have enough with me. It was a bit of a pain making that mag box, like shown in the Maintenance/How To Section, but worth it. With each mag loaded 30 rounds, I have 1050 rounds and am ready to rock.

I guess you subscribe to the philosophy that storing loaded mags doesn't impact spring tension long term.

I've read several places the reasons behind why this is apparently the case but I always feel guilty about doing this.

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
I guess you subscribe to the philosophy that storing loaded mags doesn't impact spring tension long term.

I've read several places the reasons behind why this is apparently the case but I always feel guilty about doing this.

It took a long time for me to accept that springs are just fine stored fully loaded. Now I keep them ready to grab.

Also, it sucked in the past wanting to go shooting on a whim and having to load up 500+ rounds before you even start. Not an issue anymore.

thompson4433

A year?

WOW

That's crazy.

It used to be 5 to 6 months for a form 4

I think the IMI black plastic buttstocks look best on an UZI

they match the black plastic grips

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
it was 3 months form 3
1.5 months for an ATF audit from the seller
and 7.5 months for form 4

and yes it was crazy...i was told 2 months form 3 and 3 months form 4....but that was back in 2015

i have the green grips (early GI's often have green grips)...the photo's dont show it well......i like the wood look......retro 1950's.....i like the solid feel of the wood and also the fact its the original design from mr.uzi...ill never fire it from the folded position with the metal stock anyways, so why bother having it....i prefer the mp5 look the wood stock brings

i do agree the black buttstock would update this gun to a more mp5 look....it would help make the eotech look correct...i know right now the eotech sticks out like a sore thumb....i like the wide field of view from the eotech...i only wish my cheek would be on the stock while looking through the eotech.....it sits so high my face is off the stock.....i may or may not keep the red dot....might go back to iron sights

a year is crazy....but it appears my last 3 guns will be 10+ months....ill be into feb/march 2017 if it doesnt go even higher...my last form 4 submission was 5/28/16......ive been the most excited about the Uzi for a long time...wanting it got me into FA

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
..i only wish my cheek would be on the stock while looking through the eotech.....it sits so high my face is off the stock.....i may or may not keep the red dot....might go back to iron sights

A Burris Fast Fire would sit much lower than the Eotech.

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
I have a Sig STS-081 and wood stock on my GI. Seems to work for me.

I had the folding stock for 3-4 range sessions and then went with the wooden one. Mucho mas mejor.

greenpeas

UZI Talk Life Member
Where's the box? I thought you'd at least have a picture of the box.

Z06

UZI Talk Life Member
A Burris Fast Fire would sit much lower than the Eotech.
Agree 100%... even on my Mini the FF is perfect:
2XtuJrx.png

and it will sit even lower on your full size SMG...
OY786Cc.png

...the rail has to be higher on mine to allow racking the bolt

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter