Gap in folded stock

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Uzitalk member Hal started this thread yesterday but the entire thread was lost due to a server glitch. I'll repost a couple of the responses that I had along with the picture so he and anyone else can pick up the conversation.

Hal's question was whether or not this gap between the folded stock and the receiver was normal:

stockgap.jpg

When we pushed , or squeezed the stock tight to the receiver, the gap did go away, but it wouldn't stay.
The stock would spring back down to form a gap. It was moderately hard to squeeze it flush. It felt under tension and would spring back to have a gap.
When extended the stock felt normal and showed no wiggle or looseness.
We really didn't pay it much attention at the time. The other Vector Uzi that he had was the same way, though not as big a gap.
That weapon was in wait for transfer also.

Being that this is my first Uzi and am relatively unfamiliar with it, I will have to wait to get it home to really mess with it.
I was just wondering if this was maybe a glitch isolated to Vector guns since all IMI's that I have seen were flush.
Maybe I'll get back over to my SOT soon and mess with it.

Thanks,
Hal

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Hal said:
We did try to push the stock up all the way flush. It seemed to spring back down and was a little hard to squeeze together.

The fact that it did push up but it was hard and sprung back makes me think that the back end of the stock might be a little high, which forces the front end down. When you get a chance, loosen up the stock bolt and try to drop the back end of the stock down. If that doesn't do it, call Vector. They should be able to give you an idea over the phone and determine if it needs to go back or not. If you read some of the posts here, you'll see that Vector service is excellent so don't worry about having to send it to them.

salvo

My Vector has a small gap also but it is tight. Not sure why, every Vector I have seen is like that.

Hal

You guys are great. My Thanks to you all and Dave and Karl for keeping me posted.
Sounds like some good advice I can't wait to try. I'm sure its a minor fix, but I'm waiting on Uncle Sams approval now, could take another couple months. In the mean time I'll see if I can't get to my dealer and mess around with it, and I'll repost the results when I do, with photos.

Cheers and Many Thanks
Hal

Hal

Salvo,

The pic thats posted is another Uzi with a similar gap but not as bad as mine. Mine is still with my dealer awaiting Form 4 approval. The gap on mine is much more noticeable and obviously mis-alligned somehow. I am just now getting to know the Uzi and you guys have been a great help.

Its a good 1/4 inch gap extending from stock latch all the way to the rear of the receiver.
Hal

Last edited:

chrisp929

UZI Talk Life Member
well see if you can get the stock replaced by your dealer or get him to knock of 50 dollars ... and replace it if you have to .. beautiful thing about them uzi's ... millions of parts everywhere ..

stymie

FFL/C&R, UZI Talk Life Member,
My Vector UZI folding stock....

has about 1/16" vertical play at the forward hinge. I don't consider this really an issue as the stock locks up nice & tight when fully extended. Actually, a mild slap on the butt of the stock will allow it to be manipulated very easily. My IMI stock was almost too tight/stiff & required a rather violent slap to release & extend. The IMI stock also exhibited a minor gap at the same point. I wouldn't worry about it... unless it wobbled when deployed!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter