Galil parts

jetskrtal

UZI Talk Life Member
Did my daily Galil search on GunBroker today,and it looks like Botach FINALLY is loosening their death-grip on their Galil parts!!!
A bit pricey(ala Blackthorne)but where else are ya gonna get new Galil parts??

anothertoothpick

Their pic for one of their mag follower auctions is of an ARM gas block... Better give them a call tomorrow about those.

Also, their prices are quite a bit better than Blackthorne, at least on bolts... Just ordered a "new" one from them for $75 on GB.

mcoleman762

I saw those parts while searching GB last night as well. Good to see another source for new parts! That's a good price on the 5.56 bolts provided they are the type with the spring loaded firing pin.

I agree, it's about damn time they opened up the vault and let this stuff on the open market. Don't know why they've been hoarding them for so long.

kaidorsai

Hey, will that Micro barrel fit on a Golani? Any idea if it is worth the 150 bones?

RM308

The micro barrel assembly has a cut barrel (no threaded portion/chamber). The useful parts are the gasblock/sight, bayo lug and flash hider. If you need all three parts then yes, it's useful.

Jim C

Figures. They are up to 100.00 now. Just bought one. After waiting over a year for one to emerge, I wasnt taking any chances on them getting away from me again. :clap

rio

Glad you got it Jim! Don't forget to post pics when your done.

Rio

Jim C

Hey, JFYI. These gas blocks are new and not drilled for the crosspins! Will take a little gunsmithing to make these fit.

anothertoothpick

Just got the bolt. It's slightly used but in very good condition, and it is the type with the spring loaded firing pin.

anothertoothpick

I just got a call from botach, he told me that he'd decided that since he didn't know there was so much demand for the ARM gas blocks, he was only going to sell me one at the agreed upon price. Naturally, I made it clear that this kind of dishonesty was unacceptable, and then he changed his story to not having any more to sell. So I said fine.

Just popped onto gunbroker, and sure enough, saw he'd just listed another ARM gas block at a higher price. So I bought it and sent him an email asking him to do the right thing and sell it to me at the original price, but if not, I'd play his game and give him the extra $25. We'll see what happens.

boscoman

UZI Talk Life Member
anothertoothpick said:
I just got a call from botach, he told me that he'd decided that since he didn't know there was so much demand for the ARM gas blocks, he was only going to sell me one at the agreed upon price. Naturally, I made it clear that this kind of dishonesty was unacceptable, and then he changed his story to not having any more to sell. So I said fine.

Just popped onto gunbroker, and sure enough, saw he'd just listed another ARM gas block at a higher price. So I bought it and sent him an email asking him to do the right thing and sell it to me at the original price, but if not, I'd play his game and give him the extra $25. We'll see what happens.

File a complaint with BBB in Kalifornia against him. The complaint will stay until he resolves things with you. Most businesses hate having those hanging around their necks.

jetskrtal

UZI Talk Life Member
anothertoothpick said:

Well that's a load of crap!!!:2cents
Sounds like Bocrap is on par w/ Crapthorne when it comes to anything for a buck!!
It's amazing how low (some) vendors will stoop just to gouge you out of some extra cash!!
But what can you do?:dunno If you need the part you have to pay to play.

anothertoothpick

Thanks for the support, bosco and jet. At first I wasn't sure if I was just being an ass trying to make him honor a deal that was too good for his liking, but I think I will make a fuss. We'll see how he responds to my email... If it isn't favorable, I'll drop the "BBB" and see what happens.

EDIT: Ha, and he even listed yet another one. What a load of bullshit.

Jim C

I figured that was why he raised the damn price. Had he searched around he would have know that everyone else that has one listed on their site has them for around 100.00, but, they are all out of stock.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter