Full size Uzi Suppressor recommendations.

stampcollector

UZI Talk Life Member
Bowers Vers9s 3 lug on my Uzi's and MP5. A great large volume can. They have the best customer service.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I like 3-lug for sub-guns, but it isn't the only solution one can use with a threaded barrel. I believe the Shaw MK9 uses HUB mounts, so you could use a short Plan A adaptor from Griffin and one of their corresponding taper mounts, which would add minimal length.
However nowadays, you have several sources for quality 3 lugs fro around $30 and with the appropriate mount have almost nothing protruding from the handguard from say the M16 family like this:
40SW-3lug-AlphaRail2.png

ETS03

I can't find the thread right now but someone posted some pics that Joe did of a custom UZI mount where he machined the teeth like a real UZI barrel nut so I presume he can do it.
Yes, it will be a tad longer but more convenient especially if you want to quickly remove it just for transport and have a small case for your UZI.
I obviously like both. However, have a strong preference to the Bixler mount due to the rock solid lockup and no o-rings or springs to worry about wearing out or maintaining.
I think this sounds like the best option for me since i'd like something thats easily removable, compact, easy to clean, and still offers good customer support incase of failure. My next question is how do i get in contact with Joe so i can order a CT9KS with this kind of custom style mount? Im curious to take a risk on the bixler since it seems to have lots of good reviews. Correct me if im wrong but ill need to buy a tri lug barrel for it to lock on correct? Thank you again for dealing with my questions. I really appreciate all the help thus far.

Slowmo

I think this sounds like the best option for me since i'd like something thats easily removable, compact, easy to clean, and still offers good customer support incase of failure. My next question is how do i get in contact with Joe so i can order a CT9KS with this kind of custom style mount? Im curious to take a risk on the bixler since it seems to have lots of good reviews. Correct me if im wrong but ill need to buy a tri lug barrel for it to lock on correct? Thank you again for dealing with my questions. I really appreciate all the help thus far.
PM sent

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Joe is now at Shaw Armament. He can do Bixler 3 lug or the Uzi barrel nut mount or both if you want. 3 lug more versatile and faster. While Uzi barrel nut replacement is only for the Uzi but again you could get both if budget is not a concern

ETS03

Joe is now at Shaw Armament. He can do Bixler 3 lug or the Uzi barrel nut mount or both if you want. 3 lug more versatile and faster. While Uzi barrel nut replacement is only for the Uzi but again you could get both if budget is not a concern
I like the idea of both but I will see what my wallet prefers... Thank you for all the help!

Garrett

...available at Shaw as the MK9. It is also available without the ugly banner / logo on the side. https://www.shawarms.com/products/thundercan-5176-7191aa71-0d15-454d-8bef-9719e1028535

This can is fully serviceable and uses no aluminum (all SS and Ti) despite that it is lighter than the GSL Phoenix which is amazing. I cannot tell the difference between it and my MK9K in sound.
You have mentioned this before, but on their page that you link the description states:

The ThunderCan SAS MK9 Suppressor is our homage to the original, mixed with 21st century tech. Boasting a titanium tube with a proprietary sealed hybrid stainless steel and titanium core...

"Sealed" and "fully serviceable" don't usually go together. Is it possible they have made some changes since building your can? Or do they have some way to service the sealed portion of the can?

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
You have mentioned this before, but on their page that you link the description states:

The ThunderCan SAS MK9 Suppressor is our homage to the original, mixed with 21st century tech. Boasting a titanium tube with a proprietary sealed hybrid stainless steel and titanium core...

"Sealed" and "fully serviceable" don't usually go together. Is it possible they have made some changes since building your can? Or do they have some way to service the sealed portion of the can?
I seem to recall someone point that out before and they called and they re-used the description from another can for this one or something like that but sure, I would verify. I wouldn't buy it if they changed to a sealed design.

ETS03

I seem to recall someone point that out before and they called and they re-used the description from another can for this one or something like that but sure, I would verify. I wouldn't buy it if they changed to a sealed design.
I will make sure to ask when Joe gets back to me about one. It seems that could take some time but when i do i will update this post so any others will be aware.

ccosby

If you were interested in the Gemtech Mossad II look into the GSL Jericho. Like the phoenix its just an updated version of the can they made for gemtech when they did the back end mfg work. I had my dealer order me one last year when I bought a full sized uzi. GSL at the time said they had the parts and it would be a few weeks to make one. They sold it to my dealer at what I thought was a really good price too. TSC Machine who is very well known for hk conversions is 30 minutes from me so its not like getting a 3 lug installed on an uzi barrel would have been a big deal.

me45Uo.jpg

CKxx

Something about the UZI & MK9K/Phoenix is just unusually quiet. My vote will always be for short/fat suppressors on this platform.

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
Something about the UZI & MK9K/Phoenix is just unusually quiet. My vote will always be for short/fat suppressors on this platform.
Agreed or mk9 long and thick. I also have a Gemtech Raptor with 3lug. It was presented as smaller, state of the art blah blah blah. The Raptor (long and thin) isn’t even close to a mk9/mk9 for sound reduction, at least to my ear. It looks like a big needle on a syringe installed on the Uzi full size.

Dirk Hawthorne

Bowers Vers9s 3 lug on my Uzi's and MP5. A great large volume can. They have the best customer service.
What kind of accuracy are you getting from that setup?

I have a CAC9 with the UZI barrel nut mount and the accuracy is not great. There is a definite degradation of accuracy with the can on.

I originally bought the can to use on a 9mm MAC10 and it was fine on that gun.

Garrett

What kind of accuracy are you getting from that setup?

I have a CAC9 with the UZI barrel nut mount and the accuracy is not great. There is a definite degradation of accuracy with the can on.

I originally bought the can to use on a 9mm MAC10 and it was fine on that gun.
I have found some interesting experiences like that as well. It seems to be specific to individual gun/silencer combos. You might try changing your Uzi barrel and see if it makes a difference.

FWIW, I have a VERS9s with barrel nut mount and the gun shoots the same with or without the van installed. Same story with that can on a 3-lug mount & barrel.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Agreed or mk9 long and thick. I also have a Gemtech Raptor with 3lug. It was presented as smaller, state of the art blah blah blah. The Raptor (long and thin) isn’t even close to a mk9/mk9 for sound reduction, at least to my ear. It looks like a big needle on a syringe installed on the Uzi full size.
+1. I remember back in the day when Gemtech was trying to convince me. They told me the MK9K had a deeper tone and lower frequencies travel further. Also that it is quieter to the shooter but not observers and I'm like I don't give a shit what it sounds like to other people. I'm buying the can for me not them.

Dirk Hawthorne

I have found some interesting experiences like that as well. It seems to be specific to individual gun/silencer combos. You might try changing your Uzi barrel and see if it makes a difference.

FWIW, I have a VERS9s with barrel nut mount and the gun shoots the same with or without the van installed. Same story with that can on a 3-lug mount & barrel.

I have tried different barrels.

I was thinking about buying using a 3/8" drill bit to drill out the baffles and end cap. Maybe opening up the hole a little would keep it from tipping the bullets.

Or maybe try a 3-lug mount.

It worked great on my MAC10. It's irritating.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter