Form 4 approved in less than 3 months!

gun.bro

is there a theme here? are trusts or individuals getting a faster turnaround time?

evo911

Just going by the amount of work load individuals will always be faster. Trust everyone needs checked out on that trust. I wanted to use mine but my dealer advised against it because of the wait times.

Hood886

In my opinion you should not let a couple months or for that matter an extra 6 month wait persuade you from using a trust. There are still many good benefits to having your stuff in a trust. For most of us we will have these items for life and the benefits of having it in a trust for the rest of my years out weighs the couple months I'll have to wait extra.

evo911

Individual gets a free transfer to your children or family if you were to pass. So I don’t really see the point to the trust anymore.

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
Individual gets a free transfer to your children or family if you were to pass. So I don’t really see the point to the trust anymore.

It all depends on how well your family gets along and how patient they are. If your trust names your kids as successor trustees, the day after you die, they can take the assets of the trust and move on. Probating a will takes time. The trustee of the estate will have to hold the assets until the court approves the transfers and then the Forms get sent to BATF for another wait. Whether the items are specifically named in the will or not, wills can be contested. I have seen families that got along fine become bitter rivals over a will. When my mother in law passed, my wife's sister suddenly proclaimed that "mommy promised me I could have that, and that and that...". My wife was the bigger person and simply let her sister have what she wanted. My wife simply did not want to fight over the issue.

On the other hand some kids will fight for years over who gets worthless stuff, not to mention an expensive machine gun.

Slaine777

UZI Talk Supporter
I just took 4 suppressors home. Oldest pending date was June 3, 2019. Newest was Jan 16, 2020. Strange thing is that I'm still waiting on a SBS from June.

rockman96

It all depends on how well your family gets along and how patient they are. If your trust names your kids as successor trustees, the day after you die, they can take the assets of the trust and move on. Probating a will takes time. The trustee of the estate will have to hold the assets until the court approves the transfers and then the Forms get sent to BATF for another wait. Whether the items are specifically named in the will or not, wills can be contested. I have seen families that got along fine become bitter rivals over a will. When my mother in law passed, my wife's sister suddenly proclaimed that "mommy promised me I could have that, and that and that...". My wife was the bigger person and simply let her sister have what she wanted. My wife simply did not want to fight over the issue.

On the other hand some kids will fight for years over who gets worthless stuff, not to mention an expensive machine gun.

That's why you fill out the forms and name the names of the recipients before you die, and make a will/living trust.

gun.bro

Taking bets on Wuhan corona virus delays..( on top of current wait times)

6months?
12 months?
18 months?

llamasabound

UZI Talk Life Member
I know the eForms are/were still being approved today, and Form 4s were through the weekend. I think we will hear a collective groan in the force when they grind to a halt.

renovate7

Talked to them today. They are still working according to the lady on the phone. My check cleared 2/7 and she said I went into the system on 2/26.

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
Filed form4 to a C and R on 10/21....approved 4/1 (5 months 10 days)

wilheldp

is there a theme here? are trusts or individuals getting a faster turnaround time?

If you look at NFATracker, there is a very clear negative trend line on Form 4 Trust waits. After the government shutdown, there was a spike (with most transfers taking 300+ days). But ever since the peak of that spike, the trend has been distinctly negative. I'm seeing more sub-120 day waits than the chart has shown in 2 years.

Sten

UZI Talk Supporter
I just called on 3 suppressors and 1 MG. This is on a 2 person trust.

All Pending 7/31/19 -3 Approved 4/23/20 and 1 on 4/29/20 total: 268-274 days.

Last transfer took 9 months, so this is just about the same time frame.

Going to E-file and Form 1 a suppressor as a trust and see how long that takes.

Deerhurst

You folks give me hope for the F4 I will submit Monday after work.

My first F4 several years ago was just after 41F and took about 13 months. My last F1 was 7 days including the weekend.

I fully expect a minimum of 12 months for my MG. Id be so excited to see it before 2021!

Ive been hearing to expect about 45 days fr an eFile right now. Im tempted to get my F4 going then eFile another SBR and see if it gets batch approved.

Hood886

You need multiple form 4s. Those form 1s will be back in like a month tops.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter