FM-9 upper ?

Zammer217

I know there are various post on these uppers but I'm looking for everyone's opinion on wear and tear on a RR. Also looking at a MCR upper which I have heard can be finicky.

Sten

UZI Talk Supporter
I have both and neither seems too abusive to my RR's. Probably a couple thousand rounds down each, with no apparent wear.

FreedomJosh

I have not received any negative feedback from any customers yet. Of course you can search the web for other owners and anyone who has ever chatted with me will tell you Im very transparent about any potential issues I have gotten feedback on with regard to 3rd party items as well as use with RR/RDIAS/RLL and Post sample setups.

89lx

I'm looking at a registered lightning link. I'm sure this has been answered before but will it work with a RLL?

Works great with mine. You will need to machine the bolt carrier like you would for any non-SP1 style carrier.

Last edited:

FreedomJosh

I'm looking at a registered lightning link. I'm sure this has been answered before but will it work with a RLL?

With modification to the bolt yes it will. Obviously all risk is assumed when using your RLL there is another FM-9 owner on here that broke his but he stated he attributed the break to using a knock off KNS link protector. Still as with firing a firearm in general use caution and seek experts in that field as we do not do the modification needed to the bolt. Also break in and test the unit on a standard AR15/M16 before doing the modification just in case you have any questions and to see how normal function is with the unit so you know what doesn't feel normal after the modification.

txcavediver

No wear on my host lower at all. One thing to check if you have a rr is to ensure your buffer tube is centered correctly. The bolt is slightly larger on the fm-9, and any variation could cause problems.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter