Early transitional RPB M10 Carbine parts set

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
This is a peculiar one. It is an RPB M10 SAC carbine… but it’s made from all leftover MAC M10LR SMG parts. Receiver is marked SAC for “semi auto carbine” so it did indeed leave the factory like this, and it has factory provisions for a collapsible stock as well. All of the other RPB carbines I’ve seen had the stock welded in place with no stock hardware installed. This is the only RPB semi auto frame I’ve ever seen that is set up for a collapsible wire stock from the factory. It also has a very early MAC trigger with the little nipple on the back of it. I believe this is the earliest example of an RPB M10 SAC carbine I’ve ever seen. Shame it was demilled like this, what a tragedy.

IMG_0087.jpeg
IMG_0088.jpeg
IMG_0089.jpeg
IMG_0090.jpeg
IMG_0091.jpeg

root

UZI Talk Supporter
That deserves a new upper so it can be ran.

Wish I could find one of those.

skiboatsp

UZI Talk Supporter
obviously not the same animal but.....DSCF1013x900 (1).jpg

Attachments

• DSCF1005x900 (1).jpg
    DSCF1005x900 (1).jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 6

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
UPDATE: well, a previous owner decided to use contact cement on the barrel threads like loctite as well as the end cap for the shroud. The handguard was glued on as well which is odd because this heat shield is designed to have the wood handguard attached, as it has no holes on the bottom, but it appears that the shroud has not been drilled/tapped and HG was never drilled, just glued. I was able to remove the handguard without issue, but it has proven impossible to remove the barrel from the remaining chunk of the upper. It doesn’t help that the shroud spins freely around the barrel. I have tried every possible means of unscrewing the barrel and I just can’t get this one off. I have never had this issue before with a MAC upper/barrel. This carbine shroud has a unique endcap with 2 holes that would require a spanner wrench like the suppressor encapsulators. I am probably going to attempt to cut the old upper off the barrel. Gonna have to cut through the trunnion without cutting into the threads. Now I see why the previous seller didn’t remove that piece of scrap upper prior to selling it.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Another update. This is the 10th RPB carbine made. a buddy of mine has the old RPB bound book and looked up the serial numbers for the carbines. They are 45xxx. This one is 45010, number 10. No wonder it’s made from old MAC parts. It’s one of the first ones RPB ever assembled, most likely before they were even machining their own carbine components

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Got the barrel off, thanks to our great friends at practical solutions. I had been considering heat to break the seal, so when Sam recommended hitting it with a torch I knew that it was gonna be the way. Sam was right of course and the barrel came right off! It lives to shoot another day! Preserving MAC history one demill at a time…

Before pics, mangled with the old glue all over it…

IMG_0318.jpeg

IMG_0319.jpeg

After, cleaned up, refinished and installed on a mint new old stock RPB M10 upper.
I still have to find the correct M10LR upper with the M1 carbine rear sight but for the time being this will have to do.

IMG_0320.jpeg
IMG_0321.jpeg
IMG_0322.jpeg
IMG_0323.jpeg
IMG_0324.jpeg

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter