Dumb question - difference between Sterling MK2 and MK4

tax_monster

UZI Talk Supporter
I was filling out my Form 4 so I can have everything ready to go as soon as my Sterling gets here and noticed that on the Form 3, line 3b (model), the seller (ASI - autoweapons.com) listed Sterling MK2.

Is the MK4 a different gun than an MK2, or is it simply a cosmetic difference? I guess I really need to get that Guns of Dagenham book and read up on this stuff.

stymie

FFL/C&R, UZI Talk Life Member,
Form 3, line 3d (model)

Maybe it should have read Patchett... instead of STERLING too!
Wait until you get to line 3... e & f
N/A for bbl length & N/A for O.L.

The Form 3 that is based on the original Form 2 would indicate a registered TUBE... to be built as a L2A1/ (L2A3... maybe). It might be a hand-me-down TYPO too!

Your invoice however shows a Sterling MK4!

Somethings are best left alone... perhaps even unsaid.
ANY variance from the *approved* Form 3 that is shown on the *yet-to-be-submitted* Form 4 would surely cause unfathomable delays & confusion.

I INTEND to ammend my Form 4 AFTER it is *approved*... indicating any relevant deviation... such as the bbl length (7.8") & O.L. (19") & end-user configuration.

Of course... you might drop Vahan an e-mail & go: "Wazzzzzzup?"
:cool

M60joe

FFL 07/02, UZI Talk Life Member,
My F3 from Powell says Sterling MK2, n/a, n/a

MuzzleFlash

UZI Talk Life Member
Loaned my book to a friend, so I can't offer a definitive list. From memory: much of what changed had to do with finish items such as the "folding butt" reinforcement, the front sight ears, use of parts as takedown tools for field stripping, orientation of sling attachment to buttcap, etc.

In other words, nothing to fret about.

BTW, my F3 says the same thing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter