Did Cobray really make this shotgun?

Shattered

Yeah, they did. A larger piece of crap can't be found... even on Gunbroker... wait, they sell Hi point there too. I (might) stand corrected.

DistalRadius

IIRC, it is called the Cobray Terminator. Thats its name, I don't think it was actually used in the movie "The Terminator".

emerz

UZI Talk Supporter
Yeah Cobray made them. I am not sure where the guy is getting the "only 18 in existence" though. I had at least a dozen go through my shop in the late 80s/90s. IIRC, dealer price back then was about $90.

dk8019

How the hell does that thing work? It looks a bit like a sten, does the barrel move back onto a fixed shell, fires then moves back forward?

root

UZI Talk Supporter
How the hell does that thing work? It looks a bit like a sten, does the barrel move back onto a fixed shell, fires then moves back forward?

Well if it's slam fire as the add says ( I believe it is) the grip would be attached to the bolt.
Slide bolt/grip back, load a shell, grab the front, pull one hand back and the other forward HARD & FAST!

Ya, real safe.

Makes ya wanna get one to give to a drunk buddy, slap a shell in it, and tell 'em jack it up and down like i the movies with the pump guns.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
ETA:

I may be wrong on the way it functions I'm going by how most of the 37mm slammers work.

boomer135

I am surprised the auctions don't title it "Dooms Day Prepper" gun... Because the day you need to use it, it goes Doom not Boom... I am as I like to call it a procrasti-prepper!

Yeah, they did. A larger piece of crap can't be found... even on Gunbroker... wait, they sell Hi point there too. I (might) stand corrected.

StooperZero

ETA:

I may be wrong on the way it functions I'm going by how most of the 37mm slammers work.

You put the shell in . with the barrel locked forward. Pull the trigger and it all comes slamming back

They go for quite a bit at auctions.

ZMan941

Yes I have heard of those before.

More importantly. I hate this crap on GunBroker where people slap random high-profile weapon names into their post titles. "(HK AR15 Uzi)"

Mike85220

The price of these went up due to lies. One seller stated they were ultra rare and desireable due to the evil open bolt operation....lol...open bolt....unreal...This is someone trying to make it sound like it shoots like an SAP MAC or KG9. My friend got one for$100. The 12g is bad enough...but the bbl slamming back too was a nightmare. The only thing TERMINATED was my shoulder. It also had the worst stock, and was too slow to reload. JUNK ,would not pay $100 for one.

Mike85220

I will elaborate, this gun may be considered open bolt to some. But, it is not semi, nor mag fed. Just a barrel that flies back and hits the round against the fixed fp. Not a bolt that jumps forward and feeds the bbl off a magazine.

jlwilliams

IMO it is a bigger piece of crap than the HiPoint. There. I said it! A steamier turd than HiPoint.

herd118

The 'Terminator' shotgun was designed by John Foote for SWD/Cobray around 1987, and SWD manufactured 1452 of them. As I recall, they were somewhat brutal to fire, and did not retail well.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter