DES lower install questions

redweirdbeard

Do you have to do something special to make these lowers work on a vector? I just see them available and was thinking about buying one to have an extra lower. Thanks!

redweirdbeard

I saw that. I can easily remove that. Is that all I need to do to make them work? Thanks

tomk

So, for a factory IMI SMG, will the DES lower work without any modification? Also how about converted Action Arms IMI SA conversions? Is it only the Vector / Group RR SMGs that need the modification?

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
So, for a factory IMI SMG, will the DES lower work without any modification? Also how about converted Action Arms IMI SA conversions? Is it only the Vector / Group RR SMGs that need the modification?
Define 'modification'? When I think modification, I think of removing or adding metal. That said, you don't need to modify any UZI receiver to use a DES lower if you remove the bolt safety from the lower. There is no 'modification' to do other than removing that part. That is the case with the IMI UZI's as well. I personally have never seen any UZI's in the US that came in with the bolt safety. I know many have modified their UZI's to take that safety in the US but I don't know of any Pre86 guns that came that way. I think that was a newer design change that the Germans adopted.

tomk

Thanks and yes, was thinking about "can I just put a DES lower on my pre-sample factory IMI SMG?" Sounds like i need to remove the safety or just use it for spare lower parts.

Slowmo

Regarding a converted IMI, the DES lower takes an 8mm pin whereas a converted IMI would take a 9mm pin unless it had been converted to 8mm.

They are indeed a cheap source of spare parts. If you look enough, you can find them for around $50.

ccosby

No, Richard from BWE(rip) goes over it here.

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
Also, every DES lower that I’ve ever seen used the old-style fire control components. Richard made a good video explaining that too.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter