Cobray.com

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
This is the worst place ever. Took me six months to get my money back from there.
Yeah, i have had a similar experience, though I did actually receive the items I ordered. Their website would never work for me with a card. so I called in and ordered over the phone. 2 months later I had not heard anything about my items so I called to inquire. She claimed that they had shipping delays due to weather (2 months is a long storm) and then of course my item showed up a week later. It was post marked the day after I called. I’ve heard of people waiting a year for their order just to finally receive a check for their money back. It’s a shame that “cobray company“ has the rights to the logo, would have been nice if the new “Military Armament Corporation” could have used it on their stuff.

semp93

I wonder why , being it's such a popular site that the site provider doesn't make the needed adjustments to prevent the issues that haunt it. The provider must have a lousy IT guy.

104timberwolf

UZI Talk Supporter
I bought from them several times after I got my MAC back in 2008. I forgot the name of the gentleman who owned it back then. We’d talk for an hour at a time over the phone whenever I placed an order.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I bought from them several times after I got my MAC back in 2008. I forgot the name of the gentleman who owned it back then. We’d talk for an hour at a time over the phone whenever I placed an order.
Yeah, they were still decent back then. They have since fallen off pretty bad. I believe the guy you spoke to was the guy who purchased the rights to Cobray from Shane Arrington (Sylvia Daniel’s son) he is the owner of “the Cobray company”, but it seems that they have stopped caring about doing business the way they once may have.

Jack007

UZI Talk Life Member
I could be wrong, but the original owner passed away a few years ago. He was a bit eccentric, but a decent guy. He posted a pic of his personal SM11-A1 on the site as he was quite proud of it. I also spoke with him once or twice. Then I heard that his wife had taken over the company. I bought a couple of things from them after that and remember the shipping was a bit slow. It's been several years since then so who knows who actually has been running things?

BlackBelt

UZI Talk Life Member
I could be wrong, but the original owner,

passed away a few years ago. He was a bit eccentric, but a decent guy. He posted a pic of his personal SM11-A1 on the site as he was quite proud of it. I also spoke with him once or twice. Then I heard that his wife had taken over the company. I bought a couple of things from them after that and remember the shipping was a bit slow. It's been several years since then so who knows who actually has been running things?
This is my recollection as well. After the owner Harvey DeMars passed his family took over, but very few small businesses survive their founder/owner for very long.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I could be wrong, but the original owner passed away a few years ago. He was a bit eccentric, but a decent guy. He posted a pic of his personal SM11-A1 on the site as he was quite proud of it. I also spoke with him once or twice. Then I heard that his wife had taken over the company. I bought a couple of things from them after that and remember the shipping was a bit slow. It's been several years since then so who knows who actually has been running things?
She is the one who still runs the company I believe.

Edit:
Or ran the company… Just checked and the website is no longer active.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter